• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ford tough

Started by Sailor, December 02, 2010, 01:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

So I wake up this morning in the hotel and the freaking shower will not work.  Opted to take a bath.....Have not done that since I was a child.  Went down to eat breakfast and the food was there all cooked up but the lady that serves it was not there.  Was told that she went the bathroom.  15 min later she shows up and dishes up the scrambled eggs and bacon.  All cold.  I hope she washed her hands.  I load up the F-150 with my gear and head out to my first appointment.  I get on the interstate and drive a few miles and the traffic starts to slow down.  My exit is in 1 mile so I move to the right lane.  Traffic stops and goes and stops and I stop and look in my rear view and says this guy ain't going to stop.  I brace for impact.  He rear ends me.  The F-150 can take a hit but his toy car, not so pretty.  We move over to the shoulder and I see my spare tire in the ditch.  His bump drafting did not take in to the account that my bumper is higher than his and he went under the truck and busted the cable that holds the tire.  At any rate his air bag goes off during the impact.  It is something to watch a car hit you and before you feel the impact you see a cockpit full of powder and the bag explode.  My air bag did not go off.  Main thing is that everyone walked away without injury.  His day was pretty well shot.  I missed one appointment but finished the day and am now back in a Hotel.  Yep.....I do have a drink going and will continue until it is all gone.   ;D

F-150 after impact

His toy car

Another view of his car

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Brisket Lover

Glad everyone is ok, and hopefully people will remember to slow down

Jim O

Glad you're OK Sailor !

Yours is a typical example why I drive a BIG car.

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

OU812

Glad know one was hert.

A little paint and his bumper will be as good as new.  :D

SoCalBuilder

Glad everyone came out okay. I agree with Jim. I've always considered a little extra gas money is cheap insurance.

beefmann

sorry to hear of the acident and glad everyone  walked away

FLBentRider

I hate it when you see it coming....

I'm glad everyone was ok.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

aces-n-eights

Yup, that's one tough truck... glad you're OK.  Hope the shower works better in this hotel...
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

BuyLowSellHigh

Good to hear no injuries.

Good that you air bag stayed put too.  Depending upon the vehicle and design, an air bag deployment itself can readily run into a $3k+ repair.

If it were me, when that first drink ran out I would follow with a second, just to be sure the job was done right.   ;D

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

car54

Thank God everyone is OK. That is a blessing!

Brad

Sailor

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on December 02, 2010, 02:20:19 PM
Good to hear no injuries.

Good that you air bag stayed put too.  Depending upon the vehicle and design, an air bag deployment itself can readily run into a $3k+ repair.

If it were me, when that first drink ran out I would follow with a second, just to be sure the job was done right.   ;D

Yep this job will be done correctly for sure.  I am thinking the entire bottle.  3rd drink going down the hatch.  If I had a Bradley I am thinking I could do some stixs to night.   ;D ::)

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ronbeaux

That's a good Ford commercial there! Glad nobody was hurt.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

Ditto to what everyone else said!

If you added a hitch receiver under the bumper, that might provide a little additional protection. (not that you are planning on getting hit again)

TestRocket

I think I can hear Mike Rowe saying "Ford Tough"?

I'm glad your safe and no one was hurt! Clink of our glasses!  ;D

classicrockgriller

I bet that guy wished he'd stayed in bed this morning.

Glad you are Ok.

Wow! His Car is totaled.

Aflak!

I'm drinking for you incase you don't drink enough.