• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temperature effect

Started by Brentv70, December 11, 2010, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brentv70

Hi there,

hoping for some info from the northern chapter!  I would like to try to smoke some meatballs tomorrow however the forecast is telling me that it is going to be -15C of about 5F with light snow.  Will my all original OBS be able to take that up to temp and maintain for the approximate 2 hours??  It looks like I will be having 2 - 3 trays of meatballs with some circulation room.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Sincerely,

Brent

TestRocket

Sorry Brent I have no clue being here in N Al. But maybe someone way north of here will chime in soon with some advice. Stay warm my friend!  ;D

OU812

Well I aint way north, but right bout in the middle, Nebraska that is.

If you keep your smoker outta the wind and it shouldnt have a prob keeping a cabnet temp of 220 F.

You got a shed or garage?

Put your smoker in there and keep a door open, a door of the building that is.  :D

Brentv70

;D  LOL thanks all for the advice I appreciate it.  I will try to take some pics before and after!!

Brent

Mr Walleye

Hi Brent and welcome to the forum.

I'm in SK so I know all about cold!  ::)

The guys are right. When it comes to smoking in the cold the wind is your worst enemy. I have mine setup in my heated detached garage. I also have the 2nd element. If you have a moderate load, keep it out of the wind, and refrain from peeking you should be alright. Temp recovery is slow at those temps.

When talking about the wind, even if you have a wind break, try to keep the breeze from blowing across the top of the smoker. It can literally suck the heat out of the cabinet.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes