• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

HI-MOUNTAIN ORIGINAL JERKY

Started by Keymaster, December 12, 2010, 11:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Got the Jerky in at 10:30 this morning. Used a Hi-mountain dry cure, just sprinkle it on evenly and put in a ziplock bag and refrigerate for 24 hours. Bradleys set for 1-1/2 hours of Hickory smoke and box temp is 150 deg f for a couple hours then I'll bump it up to 175 deg until its done. I will post pics when done.  ;D

johnk5555

What cut of meat did you use? How did you slice it? ???

Keymaster

Quote from: johnk5555 on December 12, 2010, 11:38:22 AM
What cut of meat did you use? How did you slice it? ???
Funny you ask John, I told the wife to go to the butcher and get me some sirloin sliced 1/4" thick. When I got home from work some guy at Costco talked her into buying a 5 pound round roast. I sliced it up the best I could but I'm not to handy with a knife so what you see is what I get. I ended up with 3 pounds of meat for jerky and I'll grind the other stuff up into sausage.  :)

Keymaster

Tenpoint5

Should still be good eats when your done Key
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Keymaster

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah, Looks good.

Have you tried it and if so what did you think?

Chili Head got me some jerky mix for the Christmas Exchange and I'm trying this tomorrow.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on December 12, 2010, 06:21:34 PM
Heck Yeah, Looks good.

Have you tried it and if so what did you think?

Chili Head got me some jerky mix for the Christmas Exchange and I'm trying this tomorrow.
I did try a sliver about the size of a match stick when it came out of the smoker. It seemed a bit salty but it was still hot and had not come to room temp. I'll let you tomorrow after a little refrigeration in a big ziplock bag.

NePaSmoKer

iceman

Let us know if the salty taste mellows out after the rest in the fridge. Man that is good looking jerky.

Sailor

I like the size of that jerky.  I sure looks good to me.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

Quote from: iceman on December 13, 2010, 09:31:24 AM
Let us know if the salty taste mellows out after the rest in the fridge. Man that is good looking jerky.
I split a piece with the wife and she gave it two thumbs up, Not to salty at all  ;D The butcher shop by my house sells their Jerky the same size, I guess I copied them  :D

Chili Head

There aint nothing wrong with that jerky at all  ;)

Nice job!!

Caribou

Your jerky looks like it came out perfect. :)
I like the HM original, it's my favorite out of the ones I have tried of theirs.
Carolyn