• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My next pepper beef in the makings....

Started by Oldman, July 27, 2005, 08:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

<font size="6"><b>D</b></font id="size6"><font size="5"><b>r</b></font id="size5"><font size="4"><b><u>oo</u></b></font id="size4"><font size="3"><b>l</b></font id="size3"><font size="2"><b>i</b></font id="size2"><font size="1"><b>ng</b></font id="size1">

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

A few details please[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

Jeff,
This is my 3rd attempt. The last one was close to what I wanted. Going to smoke this one tomarrow. Light smoke. This is the first one I've tried using a brisket; the others have been bottom rounds.

Once I get it worked out and I'm total happy with the end results I will fill you in on everything.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Phone Guy

nsxbill

I can't understand that either.  It just looks like a light dusting of pepper from a pepper shaker.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

The best way to explain that is for you all to go to a deli and get some pepper beef. If you have never had pepper beef you owe to yourself to try it. There is a lot more to it than the pepper on the outside. The liquid you see coming out of the meat is the marinade.

This was my first posting concern my first attempt at making pepper beef.

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1934&;

Olds

Oldman

Well not happy with the end results. Oh the meat is great, but I lost the beef-flavor balance by using a brisket point. Now I understand why every pepper beef I've seen has been out of a round. You just have to cook a brisket way to long and as such you lose that roast beef flavoring to balance with the pepper flavoring. Like I said the new flavor of the meat is great... it just not what I'm trying to attain.

In the future I will just corn the points of the briskets. BTW I picked up two whole briskets today. [^] Come on September....5 weeks is a long time away... [:0] Oh...<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It just looks like a light dusting of pepper from a pepper shaker.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">No that is well ground up tellicherry pepper...thank you! [^]

Olds

MallardWacker

I'm still trying to find out what points are good for.  They are so inconsistant.  And they are one of those things that you don't know what you have until you have cooked the darn thing.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...