• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

BBQ Bologna

Started by Oldman, July 28, 2005, 03:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I watched the food show with Bobby Flay and one of the places served Smoked BBQ Bologna sandwiches. Anyone else see this? They must be pretty good he was selling them for 3 bucks and change and doing around 700 of them a week~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />I watched the food show with Bobby Flay and one of the places served Smoked BBQ Bologna sandwiches. Anyone else see this? They must be pretty good he was selling them for 3 bucks and change and doing around 700 of them a week~~!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I saw that episode up here about a month ago. If I recall, he smoked them with the packaging on.... I've never been one for bologne, but smoked? maybe worth a try. I like the 'BBQ with Bobby Flay' series on the Food Network. He showcases a lot of interesting BBQ joints.

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If I recall, he smoked them with the packaging on.... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ya it was but the guy poked holes in it, and after smoking it deep fried it... interesting to say the least for sure.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

This had been in the back of my mind for a while now.

One of my favorite Duck Blind snacks/food is grilled Bologna sandwiches.

I have always wondered if I took one of those "Bryan's" short chubs, the ones about 8 inches long, cut the plastic off and just put in the BS with just the biscuit burner on with a couple hours of smoke (or longer) then the wrap it up and place in the fridge for a few days to see what happens.

Do you think this will work?.  

I tell you what I am doing this weekend, I am doing the <b><font color="blue">"Mallard's Trifecta"</font id="blue"> </b>  (Mallard's marinated chicken thighs and Old's beans along with his Raw Apple Cake).  I have plenty of room in the BS for this.  Although it will be at 200, it's a cheap enough experiment to see what happens. I will be doing it only for about 2 hrs.  Dang this might come out great, cut a thick slice then put it on the grill for a little--could be sumpt'n good....

Pictures to come.....

Now if some dim-wit doesn't decide to clean himself from the gene pool this weekend I'l be OK......

RAVE ON.....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

rogerdt

Mallard,
I have done the exact thing, smoked a whole chub of bologna, and it is wonderful.  I did not do anything to it(other than removing the plastic casing), I just placed on the rack and smoked for about two hours when I was also doing some ribs.  It was very good just out of the smoker, but it was even better after a few days in the fridge.  Whenever I have a smoke I always throw on some hot dogs or a chunk of bologna.  They both freeze very well after vacumn sealing.  Give it a try, I am sure that you will like it.

Roger

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rogerdt</i>
<br />Mallard,
I have done the exact thing, smoked a whole chub of bologna, and it is wonderful.  I did not do anything to it(other than removing the plastic casing), I just placed on the rack and smoked for about two hours when I was also doing some ribs.  It was very good just out of the smoker, but it was even better after a few days in the fridge.  Whenever I have a smoke I always throw on some hot dogs or a chunk of bologna.  They both freeze very well after vacumn sealing.  Give it a try, I am sure that you will like it.

Roger
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Good Idea!

Olds

BigSmoker

bologna in the smoker is really good.   I do it fairly regular with these little bologna rolls I get at kroger.  Just throw them in the smoker with what ever else your doing go for about 2 hrs of smoke and remove.  I then throw it in a zip lock bag and in the fridge.  Slice, pan fry, eat on a sammich, yum.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

ListerD

What wood(s) are you using? I've had this before from a store (truck stop) and it was really good.

Might do some myself.

BigSmoker

so far hickory, apple, pecan and maple.  All are good to me[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

I used Hickory, 2 hrs worth...Came out great-it's sitting in the fridge right now mellowing.  I think the best will come when I cut about a 1/3" slice or so and cast it on the grill.  But by itself-mayo and good bread-it is great like that alone.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

CLAREGO

Krogers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i miss the south BEST FISHING EVER. anyways you might say i live around the pork capital of companys pa dutch i suppose. There are many Pork co. around here Kunzler(Best Bacon) hatfield, leidys... just to name a few. I got a full piece of boglna (LEBANON BOGLNA) Someked it 2 hours and KICK it up a knotch. it wz great..

ps... anyone ever had sweet bolgna supposly this area is number one for that

clarence

ListerD

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />KICK it up a knotch. it wz great..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMAO! Somebody is an Emeril fan... [:D]

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">LMAO! Somebody is an Emeril fan... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">And who is not???

Olds

ListerD

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ListerD</i>
<br />[8D] I am!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I can agree with you some of the time.  What ever you DO NOT TRY his rubs-they are nothing special.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas