• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Burgers? A great Day at the Lake...

Started by MWS, July 28, 2005, 03:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWS

Just another great day at the lake. I'm in the middle of a 2 week vacation. The sky is blue, the sun is shining and the temps are in the low 30's C. (80's F). This morning I thought I would do some burgers for dinner on the grill. I normally don't do hamburgers or even go to fast food joints but I thought today seemed like a burger day. Not just any burgers though, smoked burgers....[:p] What I did was mix ground sirloin with onion, red and jalepeno pepper, my special rub mixture and then formed into patties. I then grinded fresh Tellecherry black peppercorns and pink himalayan crystal salt all over. I placed the patties in the Bradley and smoked with Pecan for about 2 hours. Then I removed the patties and grilled for about 2 minutes on each side. My wife made some homemade whole wheat (seedy) buns which I added mayo and homemade relish, organic (from my garden) red leaf lettuce, red onion and some real smelly 'Alpine Gold' cheese (<i>local cheese artisan</i>). This was the best burger I ever ate. Just another in the long line of 'WOW' dinners from the Bradley. I had to share this story because it was that good......[^]

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

MallardWacker

I concur, SMOKE BURGERS are great.  They are even great reheated.  Usually burgers are terrible after they have been in the fridge, not so when you smoke them.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

kjel

mws,
Sounds yummy!  What temp did you smoke your patties at for 2hrs?  Was this smoky enough or too much?

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kjel</i>
<br />mws,
Sounds yummy!  What temp did you smoke your patties at for 2hrs?  Was this smoky enough or too much?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

About 220F and the burgers had a very rich distinct smoke character. In other words, great stuff .... I also did pork patties at the same time for breakfast sausage....

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"