• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

He is alive... thank the Good Lord Of Life.

Started by Oldman, July 28, 2005, 07:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Prez today got back to a safe area.... after many weeks of no messages he is safe.... He was in an area of Iraq with no means to talk to me.... God I think I'm crying....... I am crying.... Damn I hate the hell out of war.......... So many good kids.... I'm sure glad we are safer now that Iraq's mass weapons of destruction have been removed.

All I know is I want my friend home like so many others folks do their loved ones...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Glad to hear your friend has returned safe and sound.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Phone Guy

I felt the same when my Son came home in April. I did feel he was safer in Iraq than driving the streets in the US.

nsxbill

Phone Guy,
Remind me never to come to your city if it is safer in Iraq!

Olds,
Glad your friend is safe.  I of my retired Navy SEAL buddies will be back in November...he is working for the "Government" over there, but still very much in harm's way.  He lives in the Green Zone in Baghdad, but his little residence is sandbagged bottom to top, including the roof.  He does believe in playing it safe, and I don't blame him!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />I'm sure glad we are safer now that Iraq's mass weapons of destruction have been removed.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm  truly glad your friend is safe Raye. But, No weapons of mass destruction were found or removed in Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/06/iraq.wmd.report/

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm truly glad your friend is safe Raye. But, No weapons of mass destruction were found or removed in Iraq.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Mike, I said that sarcasticly.

While I support our folks there and I support us not leaving until the Iraq can fend for itself, I personally do not know of a good reason for us going there in the first place. Furthermore we are a Super Power who is now financing itself on a Chinese credit card. If anyone does not think so just look at who has been buying up all of our markers.

Thanks all for the good words about Bill...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

Sorry Raye, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm because I find it amazing what people believe sometimes and what people are afraid to say. I fully agree with your further comments though. Cheers

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

Arcs_n_Sparks

Not wanting to divert the smoking experiences of this forum, I would point out that Saddam gassed a large number of his countrymen using WMD chemicals. Whether those WMDs remained or not is certainly a subject of discussion, but the fact that he killed a large number of his own people is not really in dispute.

That said, I am always thankful when our military returns home safe. I have had civilian volunteers from my organization out in Iraq, and am grateful to meet them when they return safe and sound.

Arcs_n_Sparks

MWS

Last comment...true Saddam is a horrible person and his regime was ruthless against his people but...the CIA's own report in 2004 states~~ "the fact remains, the sanctions combined with inspections were working and Saddam was restrained." I say this route is always a better route than war. Just my thoughts. Like Olds says, I support all the folks over in Iraq and hope for a peaceful resolution. Now lets smoke....

-John Wayne

Mike 

Phone Guy

OK, I hope this dosen't go to far but I can't believe that any Red Blooded American would not want to remove Saddam from power. Remember the oppressed women and the teachers with AK47's? He had years to comply with the UN resolutions and he kicked the inspectors out. Working? I don't think so. If you support our Troops then you have to remember that our President is one of the Troops. He is the Commander in Chief. Why did we fight the Germans? They didn't attack us. It was because they killed 6 million Jews and were  a threat to others. If we never defended others and kept to our selves the U.S.A. as we know it would probably not be here. Lets not use this web site as a political discussion board.

bsolomon

I read that Saddam once mercilessly abused a Bradley Smoker, destroying nearly 14 lbs. of brisket in the process.  If that is not justification enough to be over there, I don't know what is [:D]

BigSmoker

Olds,
Glad your friend is coming home safe and sound[:D][8D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Gordon

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Olds,
Glad your friend is coming home safe and sound... Me too...  <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well he is not home yet...but he is not in Iraq anylonger. [:D]

Olds

Phone Guy

They usualy stop in Qatar (not sure of the spelling) for a few days to mentaly adjust. In Iraq they do not allow US Military to have alcohol. In Qatar they do. It's a little more westernized.