• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Stuffed Pork Loin

Started by smoker pete, December 16, 2010, 06:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Picked up a 4 lb Pork Loin the other day from my butcher and while buying it I asked him if he would butterfly it for me.  Figured 'Why not ...' I'm paying good money for it.  So he proceeds to show me what they do for all their stuffed meats rather than the old butterfly routine.  Having a senior moment and can't recall what he called it but basically he cuts a slit in the Loin and creates a pocket down the inside length of the Loin and then injects the stuffing.  What have I got to lose right ! ;D

Chose to sauté mushrooms, celery, and onions with a bit of minced garlic.  When cooled I mixed it up with 6 oz of fresh spinach and diced smoked Swiss cheese for the stuffing

You can see the slit that was cut for the creation of the pocket and the mixed stuffing.

All stuffed and ready for the smoker.  PID temp set to 225ºF.

Here is the smoked stuffed loin after 3 hours of hickory.  Pulled it when the IT hit 155º.  I know this is high by many standards but I have a squeamish better half that is set in her ways when it comes to pork :-\  You can see just a tad of Swiss cheese oozing out.

Notice the black dot in the center of the loin!?  There was another blotch on the side.  I guess that's suet from the vent?  I keep wiping down around the vent and always keep the vent wide open when smoking.  Anyone know what that dripping is and how to fix it?

Here is what it looked like after a 45 minute FTC

The $$hot ... Little baked tater and some corn

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

FLBentRider

Looks good.

For the black stuff, try putting a rack above the meat with a piece of foil on it. Don't cover the entire rack with foil. You just need a piece of foil a little bigger than the vent.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Bang on!  I love stuffed pork.  Grand meal there!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

squirtthecat

chandlersmoking

That looks awesome!  I think I am going to try that next.

classicrockgriller

You nailed that one TR.

SWEET!