• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Offer I could not refuse

Started by Sailor, December 17, 2010, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

So a few weeks ago I get rear ended and had some damage to my rear bumper and tailgate.  The guy that hit me insurance Co told me to get it fixed and gave me a rental car.  Been driving the rental for 2 weeks and I stop by my dealership to see how the repairs are going on my truck.  I speak to the guy that took my truck and got all of the information and he stammered and stuttered and said he forgot to send the estimate to the insurance company.  So for 2 weeks it has been sitting at the body shop with nothing being done.  I march my PO'ed butt across the lot to the main showroom and ask for the GM which is the guy I have dealt with for 20 years.  Tell him the scoop and he is pretty PO'ed at the body shop.  He says I think you need a new truck.  Yeah, sure I do, like a hole in the head.  He says he will make me a deal I can't refuse.  OH boy, I can see it coming now.  Jim he says, You just gotta drive the new trucks, just take this one for a spin.  Just like a catfish with a hook full of stink bait I nibble.  So he grabs a salesman and tells him to take care of me.  We get back and Rick (GM) has all of the paper work figured out for a trade.  Numbers look darn good but I said I needed to call my accountant for tax purposes on the depreciation of the old truck and to see if it makes good business sense.  Accountant tells me that if I am going to trade trucks I have to do it before the end of the year because the tax laws will be changing and to take advantage of the full depreciation of the new truck it is wise to do it now.  So, I end up buying a new F-150 Lariat.  It has so many gadgets I can't figure them out.  The main thing is that it is very comfortable.  My truck is my 2nd office and I basically live out of it 8 hrs a day so I am pretty happy with it.

Just got home and its dark.  Front view

Side view

Another view

Interior

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

beefmann

lucky guy, wishes my luck would be like that ... good looking truck as well

Keymaster

Good lookin FORD !!! looks like you got the microsoft sinc system, its cool for hand free talking for the cell phone. Darn good looking truck!! I got a F-350

Up In Smoke

Sailor,
Nice truck!!! you should enjoy it for years. My brother just got a 2011 f150 and the biggest thing for him is the sync system.
i work at a ford dealer and have for 25 years, the trucks are the most quiet ride of all the newer ford products as far as i am concerned
Enjoy!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Tenpoint5

Cool Deal Jim!!

Now I want to know what Momma said when you pulled into the garage with a brand new truck!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

SL2010

Thats a  sweet ride and a good deal

ronbeaux

Whoo! Check out all them drink holders!!!

Nice ride!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Ka Honu

classicrockgriller

Nice Truck Jim and Buddy, You deserve it.

Congrats!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TestRocket

BuyLowSellHigh

Nice looking new ride !  Glad to hear you got a Godfather deal too.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KyNola

Beautiful truck and Kentucky Wildcat blue too, just like CRG's.