cleaning wire racks

Started by chungne, July 30, 2005, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chungne

along with my previous problem, my wire racks have allot of crusties on them....tried soaking in dish soap...cleaning with a wire brush and S.O.S pads....anyone have any better ideas...I thought maybe oven cleaner???

nsxbill

Yes, then next time, spray with Pam before using.  It helps

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Phone Guy

I put mine in the dish washer and they come out spotless every time (mostly).

Oldman

Oven cleaner is a no hassle clean.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Someone told me on the forum here that pam was just canola oil.  SO since then I just pull out my peanut oil on a paper towl and rub them down, works pretty good.  Also don't let them sit aound before you clean them, I put mine in some hot soapy water right away.  My only problem now is that they look like copper and chrome is coming off. HTH

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Someone told me on the forum here that pam was just canola oil.  SO since then I just pull out my peanut oil on a paper towl and rub them down, works pretty good.  Also don't let them sit aound before you clean them, I put mine in some hot soapy water right away.  My only problem now is that they look like copper and chrome is coming off. HTH

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I was wondering if anyone else stainless steel coating was coming off their racks. I have the same issue. The are beginning to look more like copper.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

oguard

I thought the racks were solid stainless steel not just a coating.I have not had any peeling or chipping but I do wipe down with oil(canola,olive)and they clean up just great.The only time I had a sticky mess was with salmon jrky[:p] I made and forgot to oil one of the racks[:(!]

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oguard</i>
<br />I thought the racks were solid stainless steel not just a coating........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Nope, Nag-ga.  Just chrome over.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...