• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A Look Back at 2010 on the Bradley Forum

Started by classicrockgriller, December 22, 2010, 05:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

There have been countless posts and threads that I have enjoyed.  I have learned so much about the world of the Bradley found many good recipes and different ways to prepare foods.  I have laughed so hard that my wife had to come into my office to see what I was doing.  I have cried because of the tragedies that members, member's families or friends were experiencing.  I have lived the adventures of hunting trips, shopping trips and get to gathers that the members experienced.  I have stood in awe of the engineering that members have concocted in building super smokers, stuffers, mixers, Bradely huts and tweaking the smoker.  I read the forum the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night and check it during the day.  I have never personally met anyone face to face however I feel like I know each of you and I am so proud to call each of you my friend.  I have talked to a few of the members on the phone to seek advice or help or just to BS.  

I think this thread was about picking a link to post of something that impressed us.  I waited until the end of the year racking my brain of the one thing that impressed me.  With so many posts and threads that have impressed me, this has proved to be an impossible task.  I can't come up with one post or thread but I do have a member that I would like to acknowledge.

My passion is making sausage and that is the first section of the forum that I check.  I want to thank NePaSmoKer for everything that he has posted and for the help that he has given to so many of us that were new to sausage making.  He took us by the hand and lead us to places that we were afraid to go.  I have learned so much from the Master and I follow his blog to see what he is up to and hoping that he will slip up and post his secret recipes.  ;D

I want to thank each of you for making this community what it is and I wish each of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

BuyLowSellHigh

Sailor has captured well my overall feelings about this very special forum.  I have learned a great deal from both the seasoned veterans and the newbies here.  It is a special place.

While most of the posting here is food related, the community here is an exceptional group of very fine people.  Along that line there are two that stick out in my mind that are just examples of what the folks here are really about.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17228.0

and

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18916.msg235370#msg235370

My best wishes go out to all who come here for a New Year that blesses you and your families with peace, health, wealth and good fortune!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Caneyscud

I've thought a lot about this question over the last week.  And the favorite memories of 2010 on the forum have already been mentioned.  The things that forum members do for other forum members is just awesome.  Those are number one in my book. 

I started out trying to scan/read/eyeball all the posts/threads of 2011 - impossible!  So memory has to serve me.  On a more personal note some of my favorite forum things is the writing and poems - that is just plain fun for me.  The excitement when I thought I might be able to attend the Paducah fun and the bacon cabin (http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18249.0).   I also got my hours back, got to fish with my Dad, got to fish in Canada, catch my first walleye and pike, whitewater trip, winning a first in Brisket, and finally being able to compete in an ICB.  All I can say is that I have been blessed.

We are already into 2011, but it can't be too late to wish everyone a 2011 that is safe and prosperous.  One you can walk away from and say "I'm glad to have experienced that!"  Here's to lots of smoking, lots of good recipes, lots of techniques, lots of good writing/reading, lots of laughs, lots of good eating, and best of all - lots of good friends! 

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

jiggerjams

Reason of Choice: Because this post takes curing amounts of meat to the ultimate level.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15358.0

Enjoy,
JJ

classicrockgriller

Quote from: jiggerjams on January 27, 2011, 09:51:14 PM
Reason of Choice: Because this post takes curing amounts of meat to the ultimate level.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15358.0

Enjoy,
JJ

awesome thread. thanks JJ

NePaSmoKer

Ditto

Dustin was taken back at the great welcome home gift the forum members sent to him.

Ya'll are like my extended family and i have enjoyed meeting you all (even for a short parking lot visit)