Hello from Norway!

Started by Trond C, December 29, 2010, 03:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trond C

Hi. Nice forum you have here, lots of good advice and a friendly attitude. I have discovered the Bradley Smoker and bought one, the original one, and an Auber PID, are starting up to get to know these things. Auber Instruments - very nice company too, have bought an exhaust temperature meter from them earlier, never seen anyone anywhere in the world sending items that fast and with less customsrelated problems.  I look forward to use my smoker, have a place by the sea west in Norway where we get a lot of mackerel, herring, when season for it, other fishes and some sea trout too. Most of the mackerel and herring has been difficult to conserve, don't last many months in the freezer, and the children, even now when they are rather grown up, don't like these fish very much anyhow. Have a plan to cold smoke some of the mackerel and to find a good way to use the herring. And through the forum i have been lead to sausage-making, have to try that too. My wife just points out - nice, but we'll see what will be done in reality, and how it tastes - we have been married for some years and she seems to know me :-X

Regards, Trond
Best regards,
Trond,
Norway

jiggerjams

Welcome to the forum Trond C. This is a great place to be.

JJ

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Trond C!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

3rensho

Welcome Trond. 
Quotewe have been married for some years and she seems to know me

I know the feeling  ;D ;D ;D  My wife is always skeptical when I try something new.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

beefmann

kinyo

RAF128

Do you ever pickle the herrings.    I like them but they're expensive to buy and onlly come in small jars.    I remember as a kid my mother would buy herrings and pickle them herself.   

TestRocket

Welcome to the forum Trond, glad to have you aboard! 

Jim O

Welcome aboard Trond C ,from Canada!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Trond C

Thank you all for a warm welcome  :)

Yes, Raf128, I sometimes pickle the herrings. Very nice on bread. And I use heavy salted herrings as they are, put them in water with rather much salt and some sugar for two months or so, then they are very nice to eat, after a night in pure water, with boiled potatoes, sour cream, raw onion slices, pickled beetroot and capers. Now, with the help of Bradley, I will try warm smoked herring, can buy in store, but nice to make myself, and not least, a nice thing to find use of food I catch myself.

I like to use my camera, so pictures will come when I start using the smoker !

Trond
Best regards,
Trond,
Norway

RAF128

I'd like to say that my family did not come from Norway or any Scandanavian county but I've tried many of the traditional foods from that region and I like them.   Maybe I was kidnapped as an infant ;).
You name it and I've tried it and drank it.

Trond C

TTT -things take time, or so - I haven't used my Bradley yet. Weather has not been nice, frost, snow, rain, ice, snow again etc. Tomorrow, saturday here, I'm going to start curing two pork ribs minus the rib bones for bacon, and grind/stuff some more pork for sausages, and smoke thereafter. The meat I took from the freezer to the refrigerator two days ago.

But why I write now; I went through the Bradley Smoker DVD that came with my smoker. They in fact  want payment for it if not with the smoker. I have to say I'm disappointed. Not very good that DVD. I thought such a company, at least a company with such a good product, would see the point in getting advice from professionals. How can they send out something so amateruish as this? No real information, only two nice guys doing not much informative stuff in their backyard with grandpa in the background. Ok, I've taken no damage from looking through it, but a professional company can't sell or give away a DVD lilke this. If I should be more critical than i feel to be I would ask if they think I'm a bit simple, and no one want their customers to feel so.

But anyhow, my new knife is sharp, and I look forward to cutting meat, grinding, mixing and smoking all day tomorrow  :)
Best regards,
Trond,
Norway

Keymaster

This Forum will make up for the DVD, My Digital6 did not come with a DVD but you will learn a lot of information from this forum  :) Take lots of pictures of what your doing on Saturday and post the good ones  ;D Sorry you did not like the dvd  :-[ 

KyNola

Trond C, don't worry about the DVD.  Welcome to the forum.  Several folks on this forum have all the skills you need to know and all you have to do is ask.

By the way, can you hook a brother up with some Aquavit? :D