NO Excuses for Not Making Snack Sticks!!

Started by Tenpoint5, January 01, 2011, 10:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty-G

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

NePaSmoKer

SL2010

OU812

Are they done yet, are they done yet, are they done yet?  ;D

pikeman_95

Well 10 point I figure you are a lucky guy to have the special help. She seems to know what she is doing. Please pay attention you might pick up a few things that you can share with us later. I wished I had some help like that.
By the way does anyone know how old Mr. Nepas is.
kirby

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pikeman_95 on January 01, 2011, 05:00:57 PM
Well 10 point I figure you are a lucky guy to have the special help. She seems to know what she is doing. Please pay attention you might pick up a few things that you can share with us later. I wished I had some help like that.
By the way does anyone know how old Mr. Nepas is.
kirby

:D  :D

25  ;D

with 25 years 9 months EXP  :D

DTAggie

pikeman_95

Yea right!!!! :P  That is like I tell my wife, when I am spearing pike or hunting I am 16 again but for some reason on the way home I feel like about 80

rcger

I noticed you tied them off before smoking.  Can you smoke them without tying off and then cut them to length?  Or better yet, can you stuff them and cut them to length prior to smoking?
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Friar_Tuck

Great job Miss Rachel!!!!!
After cranking that stuffer with those skinny sticks, I bet your arm is tough enough to beat your dad at arm wrestling!
Keep up the good work!
Jim

seemore

Rachel, you go girl!  You are going to keep your dad on his toes in the kitchen!!!
You will be showing him a thing or two, before you know it!
Scott & June

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

pensrock

QuoteI noticed you tied them off before smoking.  Can you smoke them without tying off and then cut them to length?  Or better yet, can you stuff them and cut them to length prior to smoking?

Yes you can smoke them then cut to length, that is what I normally do. But I do tie each end in the rack.
If you stuff them then cut them without tying then the ends will allow some meat out and it will have a different texture the rest. I guess that is because they will dry out faster cause there in no casing to protect them.
I have done it all three ways and would say tying before smoking is the best/most uniform way to do it, just like Rachael did. I usually do it by only tying the ends as they fit in the tray and cut up after smoking, cause I'm lazy.  ;D ;D