NO Excuses for Not Making Snack Sticks!!

Started by Tenpoint5, January 01, 2011, 10:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Well Tenpoint5 1/4 is at it again!! Christmas day she told her Grandpa Larry, that SHE would make him some snack sticks, if he gave her some deer meat. Grandpa gave her 6lbs of venison that had been cut with 15% pork. This morning I rolled her out of bed and told her its time to make some sticks!! I already had the cheese cut up. We put Colby/Monteray Jack in.

Miss Rachel mixed all the meat together

Then we got the cheese out and added it.

Then I dumped in the spices, seasonings, and cure

Back to mixing everything up real good!!

Then load up the stuffer cylinder making sure to pack it down real good so there is no air pockets

Start STUFFING!!! "Dad this really cranks hard!! It's not like the other sausages we made."

Now that we have everything stuffed.

Time to start tying all them little sticks off!!

All ready to go in the smoker when it gets up to temp.

Dad didn't take any pictures of me loading the smoker. It is only 9º outside this morning so we didn't stay out there very long. I will have him take some pictures when we are rotating racks later.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Looking good!

I'm sure I'll have "helpers" when I make sausage.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Sailor

Miss Rachel you did a fantastic job on those stixs.  Looks like you have it down pat. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

GusRobin

Miss Rachel - Great looking sausage. I also think it is great that you take the time to teach 10.5 how to make sausage. ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BuyLowSellHigh

Miss Rachel looks like a serious pro.  She has the stuffer mastered.

Note to self - never get into a sausage contest with Rachel.

That's awesome, Chris!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

lumpy

Your lucky to have a helper Chris. So what did you do when all of this was going on? ;)

pensrock

Nice job Rachel someday you'll have to teach your dad how to make sticks.  ;) ;D

OU812

Great job Miss Rachel, them snack sticks look gooood.

Miss Taby use to help me all the time but now shes away at collage and I gotta do it by my self.

watchdog56

Nice job Rachel. Now everyone thinks she needs to teach Chris how to do it. I think Chris taught her so he will no longer have to make sticks,he can sit back and let Rachel make them and he enjoys the fruits of her labor. Pretty tricky there Chris. ;)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on January 01, 2011, 11:13:54 AM
Your lucky to have a helper Chris. So what did you do when all of this was going on? ;)

Ahh Let's just say it was Noon/5 o'clock somewhere!!! ;D ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Well the Hickory smoke is done rolling.

So Miss Rachel did the rack rotating thing and bumped the heat up to 170º to finish.

OU812

classicrockgriller

You go 10.5 1/4!

Styxs are looking fantastic!

Grandpa is gonna LOVE them!

deb415611

Caribou

Great job Rachel :)
Cranking out those skinny sticks is not the easiest task either.
Carolyn