One more brisket question!

Started by goalieboy29, August 07, 2005, 03:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goalieboy29

Now that I have all these left-overs, what to do?

What is the best way to reheat? I can't imagine using the microwave on beef...Do you have a favourite sauce for sammies?

Thanks.

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

nsxbill

I have a semi-commercial slicer that I slice up the brisket paper-thin, then vacuum pack, with sauce, in one pound packages.  The freezer is the next stop. Easily reheated in package in boiling water...just enough for 2 (or 1, if you like a big one) sandwiches.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I have a semi-commercial slicer that I slice up the brisket paper-thin, <u>then vacuum pack, with sauce,</u> in one pound packages.  The freezer is the next stop. Easily reheated in package in boiling water...just enough for 2 (or 1, if you like a big one) sandwiches.
[/i]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<b><b><font face="Arial"><font size="3"><font color="maroon">Bill is right on about vacum packing your leftovers!  If you don't yet have one run down to Wal*Mart and get you one.  They sell the FoodSaver brand.  The two most important things I have learned from this board is (1) FTC which causes the juices to flow through the meat and locks it in which yeilds a flavor you can't believe and (2) Use the vacum bags to boil your leftovers in.  I place mine in the pot and bring the water to a boil.  Let it boil for a minute or two depending on the size of the package, cut it open and serve.  It will be just like the day you cooked it.  Not dry or over cooked but perfect like you want it to be.

You have your Bradley and all you need now is a recipe and you will be the most popular chef in your neighborhood or maybe your town or even your state. Aw hell, you'll be the best damn cook in the world!

Sauce Bauce
Don</font id="maroon"></font id="size3"></font id="Arial"></b></b>

goalieboy29

Thanks guys,

Gonna look for a sealer. Luckily, with your practical endorsements I can prove to the wife the the experst say I need another gadget...
She'll just roll her eyes and laugh as usual.

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

bsolomon

What are leftovers?  goalieboy, you just need to find some more friends [:D]

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bsolomon</i>
<br />What are leftovers?  goalieboy, you just need to find some more friends [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I grew up (some may argue that that hasn't happened yet)I had 2 Brothers and 3 Sisters along with Mom and Dad. We had many chores and from time to time we were given the option of folding clothes or cooking dinner. Well I learned to cook quick. The problem is I only knew how to cook for 8 or more people. I am still learning that there are only 3 of us at home and my daughter is 9. She loves BBQ but there is no way I can cook only for 2 adults and a 9 year old. Now with that said, the BS is made for a lot more than 3 and more than 8 so if we fill it up and get that smoke going its like winning the lotto. Everyone is your friend. Left overs? Not often. [:p]