• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New and wondering.....

Started by lbskis, January 02, 2011, 05:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbskis

When not in use, and I just got it today, where do you store yours? I suppose it should not be left out unprotected overnight.

I'm new at this so be kind.

Thanks

GusRobin

I have a small "shed" I built for mine. So it is out of the moisture but still subject to the cold. It works okay. At a minimum I would buy a good cover to keep it out of the rain. I have an OBS so I am not sure if the digital's electronics are impacted by cold.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

lbskis

Thanks, so what is OBS stand for?

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

I have the all weather cover Bradley and leave mine covered on the back porch.  Has been through rain, sleet and snow.  No problems at all.

lbskis

DarqMan

I have a cover but keep it in the garage on a rolling table which allows me roll it outside when needed.

By the way, welcome to the forum lbskis.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

I leave mine outdoors under cover.

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

lumpy

Welcome to the forum.
I have a digital and leave it outside all year round. (Ontario) Only thing I bring inside is my PID.

jiggerjams

I live in the city of Brampton with little property. I have a shed (jammed) and no garage. My smoker sits in my living room. My wife hates me for it. Does this qualify me as a red neck?

hal4uk

Quote from: jiggerjams on January 03, 2011, 09:28:33 PM
I live in the city of Brampton with little property. I have a shed (jammed) and no garage. My smoker sits in my living room. My wife hates me for it. Does this qualify me as a red neck?

If you live in Brampton...
And, your smoker is in the living room...

(I'm gonna call Jeff....)

;D  ;D  ;D

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TestRocket

I too have the Bradley cover but keep my OBS in the garage when not in use. But I found the cover works great in protecting my SRG which sits on the back patio!  ;D

rcger

I bought a cheap rolling tool box base at WalMart.  My DBS fits perfectly on top of it.  The drawers are perfect for storing my PID, Bubba Pucks, Maverick Thermometer and Probes, Pucks and foil pans.  It rolls very easily into a corner of the garage for storage.  Welcome to the forum!
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

beefmann

IBS,

here is  where i keep mine year round. and  works like a champ

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581.0

Indy Smoker

I kept mine in the garage with a cover and got tired of setting yo a canopy for inclement weather smokes so I built a home.