For those with a sweet tooth - honey fudge!

Started by manxman, August 08, 2005, 10:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Something I tried a few days ago for the children, just don't let em eat too much!!

Honey fudge:

2 Cups of Sugar

2 oz. Block of Plain Chocolate

1/4 Teaspoon Salt

1 Cup of Evaporated (Condensed) Milk

1/4 Cup of Honey

2 Tablespoons of Butter

Boil the sugar, chocolate, salt and milk for five minutes.

Add the honey, and cook to a soft-ball stage (240 deg F).

Remove from heat and add the butter.

Let stand until lukewarm, beat until creamy and pour into a buttered tray.

Cut into bite size pieces when firm.

Manxman.
Manxman

Chez Bubba

Manx,

That'd probably make me puke![xx(]

None to worry though, I'm weird.[:D]

All others should appreciate that, because although I don't like it, I can appreciate a good sweets recipe & according to Anne, have an uncanny knowledge for crowd favorites.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

manxman

Hi Chez,

Many holiday resorts here in the UK sell fudge and it is very popular on cake stalls with the Women's Institute and Church Fete's. However, it is rather sickly and should be eaten in moderation!![;)]

Manxman.
Manxman

MallardWacker

My problem with good fudge is that if I stop and get some at my favorite place at "Two Damn Sister's" I open up the box and happen to have a cup of coffee, may I say it won't make it home no matter how much I bought.  I may pay for it but darn it was great going down.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

My Family (Mom, sisters, Dad, Brothers and friends) all get together once a year and make candy. This is usually the first part of December. We take candy to every one, work, Friends and Neighbors for the hollidays. One of the things we make is Fudge we make about 50-60lbs of fudge. Plain and with walnuts and then peanut butter fudge. It's always a big hit. Another thing is the devinity[:p], my Mother is the worlds best devinity maker. Well anyway I had to comment on the fudge.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />.....we make about 50-60lbs of fudge.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Now we'd be talk'n.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />Hi Chez,

Many holiday resorts here in the UK sell fudge and it is very popular on cake stalls with the Women's Institute and Church Fete's. However, it is rather sickly and should be eaten in moderation!![;)]

Manxman.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">No Manx, my "moderation" is none at all. I'm not diabetic and sweets just don't appeal to me. No cake, pie, ice cream, chocolate, candy bars, cookies, fruit etc. About once a year I get a hankering for a couple of Twizzlers, that's it.

The aroma of chocolate is very pleasant, as is coffee, but I dislike the taste of both.

I told you I'm weird![:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MWS

I too am one of those weirdo's born without a sweet tooth......but not to like the taste of a good dark roast coffee? [:0]

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />
Quote<i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />......The aroma of chocolate is very pleasant, as is coffee, but I dislike the taste of both......I told you I'm weird.......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ok I'm adding that one to the list....[:)]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Oldman

Chez said: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> told you I'm weird!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Nope! You just fell off the turnip truck when you were a child and hit your head is all...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

str1der

What is Plain Chocolate? Dark,Semisweet?

Smok'em if you got'em

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

anybody tried a smoked snicker bar? i have not ,  but just a thought

iceman

I tried a deep fried snicker bar like they showed on food network. Yukko! One bite was more than enough for me. It's a big hit in England. Weird bunch over there.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />anybody tried a smoked snicker bar? i have not ,  but just a thought
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I tried a deep fried snicker bar like they showed on food network. Yukko! One bite was more than enough for me. It's a big hit in England. Weird bunch over there.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Some people this side of the pond swear by deep fried Mars Bars apparently, don't know whether you have Mars bars on the other side of the pond? We do have Snicker bars over here but I have never heard of anyone deep frying them.

Both sound disgusting.....![xx(]And as for smoking them!![xx(][xx(]

Manxman.
Manxman