• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First post fast meal.

Started by Caneyscud, January 05, 2011, 07:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Those look nothing like the truffle I snacked on after lunch...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuyLowSellHigh

Truffles!  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...

Nice Caney !  Never tried the ones from Oregon.  When I do buy them (not often) I get 'em from these guys.

http://www.gourmetfoodstore.com/truffles/default.asp?mscssid=QMED7TDG8R078MBR09S4TC0C1M7F1K10

To get the most out of those little gems you need a truffle shaver - another useful kitchen gadget.

No, they don't taste like morels.  By themselves they really don't have much taste and are kind of corky or chewey, but the aroma  is incredible and unique.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Caneyscud

Bryan, that's the high carb kinds.  I gotta stay with the low carb kind!   

With BLSH - nothing like morels.  Fried morels are incredible!  I've got some friends that will bring me some if I pester them enough, but will not let me go with them.  Serious secret! 

Don't have a truffle shaver, just use a cheese slicer.  I'm like Alton - no single use gadgets!  Well not too many!  ;D ;D

I've had preserved truffles that don't have much flavor, but the fresh ones can be potent, if they they are fresh.  The Black ones keep their aroma and taste pretty well.  The white ones can lose both pretty fast. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 06, 2011, 12:48:29 PM

With BLSH - nothing like morels.  Fried morels are incredible!  I've got some friends that will bring me some if I pester them enough, but will not let me go with them.  Serious secret! 

Bummer - nothing like morels.

I gots a Serious secret spot too.  ;D

BuyLowSellHigh

When I lived in MI I "hunted" morels - had 80 acres of "secret spots".  Nothing like 'em.

Try this sometime - dry a bunch ( easiest thing in the world to dry), then drop them in a food processor and grind to a powder, then add to the flour and make pasta.  Cook pasta as usual and sauce with a morel and cream sauce.  Killer!

Next time I buy some fresh truffles I have to try this with them.  Maybe a much simpler saucing.  Forget the canned versions - not worth it.

hal4uk

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on January 06, 2011, 05:09:32 PM
When I lived in MI I "hunted" morels - had 80 acres of "secret spots".  Nothing like 'em.
I hunted some mushrooms south of the intra-coastal waterway...
And, south of the sugar cane fields...
Ain't nothin' like them either.

Truffles ain't like THAT are they?
Hmmmm.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tiny Tim

Hunted mushrooms a few times.  Got off a lot of shots, but when we went to pick them up, couldn't find 'em any more.  Guess we only wounded 'em and they got away.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OU812

Quote from: Tiny Tim on January 06, 2011, 08:46:34 PM
Hunted mushrooms a few times.  Got off a lot of shots, but when we went to pick them up, couldn't find 'em any more.  Guess we only wounded 'em and they got away.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GOOD ONE!   :D :D

BuyLowSellHigh

;D   ;D   ;D

Good one, Tim!