• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Did you miss me? . . . Were you gone?

Started by JJC, August 12, 2005, 12:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

Hi All,

Not to be presumptuous, but in case any of you were wondering where I've been the past several weeks, I apologize for not being in touch.  My parents (in their 80's) both needed urgent medical attention following a bad fall down the stairs (they both hold on to each other when walking, and when one fell the other fell too), and it was touch and go for a while.  I was down in DC the past 3 weeks with them, and fortunately, they both are now out of the woods and doing fine.  They don't have a computer, much less cable, and I rushed down there in mid-July without my laptop, so I didn't even have a chance to set up temporary dial-up service to keep in touch once in a while.  Should of called Chez to alert him, but you know how it is when all of your emotional energy is focused on your parents health . . .

Anyway, I'm back, and once I catch up with the lab folks over the next few days I'll be as active a ever on the Forum.  The good news is that when I go on vacation next week up in Maine, we will finally have cable to our middle-of-nowhere little lake with high=speed internet access, so being on the Forum will be easy and painless as well as great therapy for me!

Now I'm going to start catching up on all the Forum stuff that happened while I was away . . . [:)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

I thought things were a bit quite around here....Glad to see you are back.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nsxbill

Welcome back John.  Glad the folks are OK. A fall at that age can be a life changing event.  

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

I was thinking about you yesterday, and was about to send you an e-mail to see if everything was alright.

Sorry to hear about your parents, but glad everything worked out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigSmoker

glad to see you back and that things are better with your folks.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

John I was just about to call ya....in fact I was going to try your Cell tomarrow--I got that number around here somewhere.  I understand about parents. My 75 year old mother does take up a lot of my time. It is good that yours have a Loving Son.

Welcome back friend.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Thanks, guys!  Working about 16-18 hours a day to get caught back up (including today and tomorrow), but have taken about 30 minutes off to start catching up on the Forum.

The Duck-man's food pix were so good I told my wife I had to start smokin' something just to feel back in the groove again, and she said "Look in the meat door in the fridge".  She had purchased a 10 lb pork loin for $1.89/lb just the day before in anticipation of my arrival.  I dressed up in some Dizzy rub just before heading in to work yesterday, put it in the BS yesterday evening when I came home, and it's FTC'ing as  I write.  That smoked pork loin will taste awful good when I get home this evening!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Welcome back John.  Glad the folks are OK. A fall at that age can be a life changing event.  

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Bill,

I know exactly what you mean--my Dad is a retired doc and he knows the statistics:  When you're over 80 and have hip surgery, the average person in that situation dies within about a year.  So much of my time was spent convincing them that they are far from fitting into the average category since they are in basically good health, the fall occurred from a slip and not from a stroke, Alzheimers, cancer, or other serious illness, and that one of them fell because they were holding onto the other.  By the time I left, I think they were convinced that they would still be around for a while, but I'll definitely need to keep a close eye on them.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

It's good to hear from you again John!

I'm glad to hear your parents are doing well!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">