• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

no power

Started by dmdreger, January 15, 2011, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmdreger

I currently am unable to get any power to the tower. Have checked all wire connections, fuse and power cords unable to get any power even if plugged in directly or indirectly to the Bradley
any suggestions

GusRobin

the tower -do you mean the cabinet or the puck tower? Do you have a digital or OBS
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Hi dmdreger;

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to have to welcome you under such circumstances.

I'm assuming you have the original model, and that the outlet is working. If the power light next to the temperature switch is on, then it is likely that your element has gone bad. If you are in bright surroundings it is difficult to see if the light is working so shade the light when you are checking it. If you have an multi-electrical meter you can test the element. The ohm reading on a good element should be in the range of 27-32 ohms. Then contact Bradley Monday morning.

Here is a link to some other tips that may help:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: dmdreger on January 15, 2011, 08:40:07 PM
I currently am unable to get any power to the tower. Have checked all wire connections, fuse and power cords unable to get any power even if plugged in directly or indirectly to the Bradley
any suggestions

Plug the long power cord directly from the wall outlet to the tower and see if you have any power.  If not, the 10A inline fuse might be blown.  You'll have to remove the back of the cabinet to get to it.

beefmann

welcome to the forum,

check the plug  and see if it has  power with a tool. or light, if it is a gfi with no power try to reset it. If you  have no power at the  plug  check  all gfic that may be tripped or breakers, if you  do have power check the  cord.

if all the above  have power, open the smoke generator and look for any loose / disconnected connections and re attach, also check for blown fuse.

Good luck