Weston stuffers

Started by cobra6223, January 17, 2011, 06:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

Most of the stuffers you see on the market are like 5#,15#....etc, why does Westone make them 7# and 11# just seems like an odd amount when it seems like most people are making 5# batches .

GusRobin

I don't know - to separate them from the crowd? I like my 7 lb Weston but then it is the first stuffer I ever had so the only comparision I have is this vs using my grinder to stuff.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

My thoughts.

You take 10 lb meat, add the seasonings and water you got 11lb of product.

I have the 11 pounder.

Up In Smoke

I have a 5 pound. I stepped up to the 11 pound for obvious reasons.
When using the 5 lb stuffer i had problems making it all fit without it pushing past the piston.
I am guessing that the extra pound is to give extra room?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

MDM

I just bought the Weston 7lb stuffer over the weekend from Cabelas for $99.  I like the extra room for adding diced pepper and cheese.  This is a pretty nice unit for $99.  I've got my first batch of SS ever in the smoker right now.

RAF128

I've got a 5lb L.E.M. and usually mix 5 lb batches for sausage.   I've yet to get the whole 5 lbs in the stuffer.

OU812

Quote from: RAF128 on January 17, 2011, 12:02:44 PM
I've got a 5lb L.E.M. and usually mix 5 lb batches for sausage.   I've yet to get the whole 5 lbs in the stuffer.

After you add the seasonings and liquid weigh it again, bet your closer to 6 lb.  ;D