• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First time seasoning the smoker

Started by eddiemaybe, January 17, 2011, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiemaybe

Never smoked before except on the Weber. Instruction book for my new 4-rack digital says to season the smoker before using by running smoke for one hour. Book is not clear on how to proceed with the pellets---load five and turn on or load five, advance 2 pellets and turn on smoker. If I turn on the smoker without advancing pellets, does it have to run for 40 minutes before a pellet is cued up on the heater element? Thanks.

wyoduke

You are right on target with your thinking :)
and welcome to the forum
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

muebe

You will need to load 5 pucks(2 are used to push the others out) and press the advance button a couple of times to get the puck on the burner. Then keep it at 150 and smoking for an hour then you will be ready ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

TestRocket

Welcome eddiemaybe,

Each puck will burn for 20 minutes and then be pushed off the puck burner into the water bowl. So to get a puck onto the burner after you load two more pucks then the number hours you want to smoke and hit the advance button three times for the first puck to get pushed into place. I hope this helps and happy smoking!

eddiemaybe

Thanks.Just need the weather to lighten up now. Can't smoke while it's rainy and cold.

SoCalBuilder

Welcome aboard Eddiemaybe -

"Can't smoke while it's rainy and cold."

Don't bet on it. There are guys here who will smoke with the snow piled higher than their shoulders and the wind trying to blow it up their backsides.

Me, I bitch if I gotta put shoes on ;D

Happy smokin'!

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy, the others have set you  straight and you  were on track

dman4505

Quote from: eddiemaybe on January 17, 2011, 12:07:16 PM
Thanks.Just need the weather to lighten up now. Can't smoke while it's rainy and cold.

Never to cold or wet to smoke something

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

smoker pete

Welcome to the forum.  Have you decide what you're going to smoke first?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl