• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley vs SRG (smoked beef)

Started by TMB, January 23, 2011, 08:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Here is the Bradley smoking away
Hey all, well you knew at some point this was going to happen.  I put my Bradley head to head with my SRG making pulled smoked beef.
Here is one of the roast with CT on it (thanks to Nepa's!)  Each roast marinaded 2.5 hrs in CT before the cook

Here is the SRG going low and slow

Here's the beef out of the bradley (pulled at 207 IT) started at 11:45 am tne finished around 8:30 pm

Sorry no picture of the roast from the SRG, time was not on my side and I had to serve the meat before I had a chance to get a picture!  :-[
The Bradley roast won out for best taste and tenderness, but if you don't have hrs and hrs to smoke a roast then the SRG is a great stand in for a real smoker  
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

NePaSmoKer

Man Tommy

That makes me sooooo hungry.

Looks good

I gotta git off this sausage kick and start doing other things.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 23, 2011, 08:20:10 PM
Man Tommy

That makes me sooooo hungry.

Looks good

I gotta git off this sausage kick and start doing other things.

Me too! ;D

Quarlow

OH TOMMY you tell me you didn't pit the Bradley against the SRG. This is blasphemy. You might be able to try such a heynus action on the Smoke on the grill forum but this should never happen here. FOR SHAME Tommy, for shame.  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TMB

Quote from: Quarlow on January 23, 2011, 08:24:52 PM
OH TOMMY you tell me you didn't pit the Bradley against the SRG. This is blasphemy. You might be able to try such a heynus action on the Smoke on the grill forum but this should never happen here. FOR SHAME Tommy, for shame.  :D :D :D
I just had to! Y'all know me I had to!  ;D

Quarlow

My head hangs with sadness.  :'( :'( :'(
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

TMB

Quote from: Quarlow on January 23, 2011, 08:30:25 PM
WHY?  The Bradley out performed the SRG, but like I said if you don't have time the SRG makes a great smoked roast it's just not as good as the Bradley's 

SouthernSmoked

I prefer low and slow method myself . However a very good test .

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TMB

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on January 26, 2011, 05:52:33 AM
I prefer low and slow method myself . However a very good test .

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll repeat this test again at some point, but I have other challenges to do with the SRG before then.
  Sad part for me is the Bradley is so good I don't see but 2 mods in the future the PID and 2nd element,   and y'all know I like ti tinker with cookers!  ;)

Just wait there is another test  Bradley vs. coming up but I can't say yet and this one will be a better test and I promise more pictures.  I still believe the Bradley will win the test but it will be interesting and I want TestRocket and GusRobin to do the judging (if they want to)  ;D    I know they give an honest opinion on the test.  Look for it in the spring!

SnellySmokesEm

I wanna judge!  Nice test!  I love me some pulled beef!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TestRocket

Glad to see the Bradley is in the cooking lineup and the beef looks good!

Count me in!  ;D

TMB

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on January 26, 2011, 07:19:06 AM
I wanna judge!  Nice test!  I love me some pulled beef!
You have the address and I'll tell you a month before so you should show up.   ;)

Wow, this could end being an Alabama Smoke Out!  ;D

TMB

Quote from: TestRocket on January 26, 2011, 07:30:47 AM
Glad to see the Bradley is in the cooking lineup and the beef looks good!

Count me in!  ;D
The Bradley is becoming a starter in the cooking line up for sure. 

I can't wait to do this test I'm really excited about this one, just need time to get things lined up first.

Quarlow

Quote from: TMB on January 23, 2011, 08:37:55 PM
WHY?  The Bradley out performed the SRG, but like I said if you don't have time the SRG makes a great smoked roast it's just not as good as the Bradley's 
I'm just teasing you Tommy, your a good egg and to knowledgeable to question your ethics. ;) ;)

OBS
BBQ

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Quarlow on January 26, 2011, 04:38:27 PM
Quote from: TMB on January 23, 2011, 08:37:55 PM
I'm just teasing you Tommy, your a good egg and to knowledgeable to question your ethics. ;) ;)

The man BURNS MEAT on his grill on purpose!!! I question his ethics!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!