A Trip Down Memory Lane

Started by Wildcat, January 25, 2011, 12:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

At least for some of us. Many of the youngsters on here have possibly seen some old flics that have these cars in them. Enjoy.

http://cruzintheavenue.com/CarsWeDrove.htm
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Up In Smoke

Thanks WC,
(although i don't go back that far  ::) )
I do remember a few i drove, and a few i lost to.
I wouldn't mind a week long vacation behind the wheel of some of those machines again!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

I must be a youngin cause We never had cars that old when we cruzed town. My first car was a 66 Mustang second car was a 70 Cougar, how I wish I still had them.

OU812

Nothing like the old American steel, gotta love it.

My first car was a 59 Chevy Impalla 2 door.

TestRocket

Although I got my drivers license in 1973, I learned to drive a stick shift in a 1958 Chevy! I always thought the 1958 was cool!   8)

dman4505

Got my license in 1976
Dad taught me to drive in 1957 Ford Falcon "Three on the tree",
for you young pups out there that's a three speed manual and the shifter is on the
right side of the steering wheel.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

SouthernSmoked

very nice !!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

3rensho

As a kid I've ridden in a lot of those old babies.  I can still remember an old Impala commercial that said "Over fourteen feet long and nearly 4000 pounds of luxury".  Of course gas was two bits a gallon.   :'(
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Caneyscud

Now, that is some Heavy Metal I can like!  I learned stick shift in a 1950 Ford Pickup.  - Dad has this thing for 1950 Ford Pickups.  He truly surprised me when he ordered a 1964 1/2 Mustang.  That was pretty cool - being driven to Elementary School in that!.  Most of my friends had Nova's they put glass packs on, jacked up the back and put wide rear tires on, except for this one cheerleader who's father had a T-bucket all fancy and chromed and blown.  Got to drive her in our parade a couple of times in that machine.  I thought I was a stud, especially after the parade and cruising the Sonic!  Was also able to do that in a 56 T-Bird and a 68 Cutlass convertible.  Man that was fun!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Wildcat

Quote from: TestRocket on January 25, 2011, 03:24:56 PM
Although I got my drivers license in 1973, I learned to drive a stick shift in a 1958 Chevy! I always thought the 1958 was cool!   8)

Although I got my drivers license a few years before you, my first car was a green and white '58 Chevy Belair. Boxy, but a good dependable ride.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/