Coffee Bean incrusted sirloin steak

Started by TMB, January 30, 2011, 07:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

After seeing this on Food Network I just had to try it.  Now this is good but if you were to powder it more like chocolate powder then I say you would have something. Now here is the coffee I used

Here is the sirloin and oil I used

Here I am brushing oil on the sirloin to hold salt, pepper and coffee on

Here is the steak with salt, pepper and coffee going on

Here is the staek ready for a 1 hr nap in the fridge

Here is the steak and lobster cooking on the SRG

Here is the final plate, looks burnt but it's not. Really good just a tad to corse, I will make it a powder next time  
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

DTAggie

Coffee rub is great.  Especially Rodak's

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

TMB

It was really good, problem with it was it was to gritty.  Next time I'll make a powder out of it like powder chocolate, then I think it would be great.

Poolshark

Tommy...maybe try a little less rub next time. Looks like it went on real thick. But it does look interesting!

But remember...just because you use instant coffee, doesn't mean you will instantly have steak...LOL

Hope all is well my friend. I have been slammed with work and haven't been on the boards lately. Be well.

jiggerjams

Looks good Tommy. You got me with the lobster on the grill as it is my fav. What is the morsel wrapped up in bacon?

Poolshark

jigger...looks like a banana to me...but ya never know what he's up to when he cooks!

TMB

Quote from: jiggerjams on January 31, 2011, 07:13:54 AM
Looks good Tommy. You got me with the lobster on the grill as it is my fav. What is the morsel wrapped up in bacon?
Poolshark is right  these are banana peppers stuffed with smoked cheese wrapped in sliced ham (to hold cheese in) and  bacon

Here they are, I used a pinch of sizzle brand spice on they (all purpose one)

jiggerjams

TestRocket

Looks good Tommy, and all I had for dinner last night was a bowl of ice cream!    :o

muebe

Tommy as I posted in the Sizzle Forum I think another good option would be to use Starbuck's instant coffee. It is micro-ground coffee beans and not freeze-dried like Taster's Choice. I might try using it with white pepper, black pepper, and salt in a shaker and give the steaks a nice light coating with it. Just need the wife to get some Rib-Eyes ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

rdevous

TMB....There ain't nothing I don't like about that plate of food.......well...other then the fact it's not sitting in front of me with a nice glass of Merlot!!!   LOL

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!