• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bologna

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 31, 2011, 09:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

One of my recipes for 10 lbs of bologna. You can use venison or beef. If you do 5 lbs just cut the recipe in half.

This recipe is easy and you can do if you dont have a stuffer or smoker.

10 lbs of ground venison (med plate)
OR 10 lbs of 80/20 or 85/15 GB
1 lb ground pork butt
2 1/4 cups canola oil (omit if you use the 80/20 or 85/15 GB and use 2 cups water instead)
2 envelopes onion soup mix
1/4 cup MTQ OR 2 tsp cure #1, No cure #1 if your not going to smoke this.
1 Tbs + 1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs + 1 tsp liquid smoke.....yeah i know. This is OPT however you do it.
1 Tbs black pepper
1 Tbs Worcestershire
1 tsp hickory smoke salt
2 tsp onion flakes

Mix all the above into the water/oil and add to meat. Stuff or make the meat into rolls. If making rolls (like fattys) wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place foiled meat roll into oven at 170* Keep an eye on the IT of roll, you want 160* You can bump heat to 175-180*

Or stuff into casings and smoke in your normal way.

jiggerjams

Sounds simply delicious!

pikeman_95

Thanks for sharing Rick

I have a file named Nepas recipes. I am going to try as many as possible. Every body should be doing this.

Kirby

SoCalBuilder

That does sound really good. Now for the stupid question. I would like to try this and really would prefer to smoke it, but don't (yet) have all the toys to stuff stuff, so....is there a way to hand stuff a limited amount? Maybe roll in cheese cloth or something like that?

I envision some of you veterans out there laughing just imagining me trying to jam this slippery stuff into a casing by hand. Probably be like the time I was a kid and my dad convinced me that I could hold onto the cat while he vacuumed it. We ran out of band-aids >:(

classicrockgriller

Thanks Nepas.

SoCal this might help you get an idea how to smoke it with NO casings.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=12645.0

SoCalBuilder

Thanks Sonny. One more item on the list. It's almost as long as my bride's honey-do list ;D

NePaSmoKer

You can use corn husks for wrapping them to.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk