• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

picked up 40lbs of pork

Started by dbondy, February 06, 2011, 04:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Its been busy around here, ground up 40lbs of butt roast. First batch of sausage was 15lbs of kolbasa made with a HM kit with some extra spices added. The secound batch was 25 pounds of brawts also made with a HM kit. I,ll post some pics later.

dbondy

Here are the pics of the kolbasa, the HM kit does a great job. This is the 4th time I'v used it for kolbasa and it came out great again, I just added exta garlic,black pepper,red pepper flakes and some cayanne. I also used 1.5 x 12 inch fiberous casings that I already had on hand. I like to use these casings because they fit well in the OBS.

I'll post the pics of the brawts in another posting.

smokin420

That looks great. Pretty full smoker with 15 pounds.It might not fit the next 25 pounds in it.
Digital 4 rack Bradley smoker
Sam Baere 1.5 hp meat grinder/stuffer
dual prode AUBER PID
circulation fan
lem 5lbs stuffer
food saver vac sealer

OU812

lumpy

dbondy

NePaSmoKer

NICE

Them look great.....i can smell em  ;D..........EH

pikeman_95

Man this must be sausage making season. So many of the members are cranking out some great looking work. Nice Job. ;D ;D

kc

classicrockgriller

SWEET!

Go BIG or STAY Home!

Great looking Sausage.

That 1 1/2 x 12 has become my favorite casing also.

dbondy

Thanks again guys, I can,t keep my wife away she loves this batch 2 lbs already gone. ;D Just put 2 pork bellies in a maple and ham cure to smoke next week, the cure is from the sausage maker so I'm curiouse to see how it turns out. I'll post the pics and results in the curing section when its done.

Friar_Tuck

Good job, but I have a warning.
If she tastes that bacon from the sausagemaker mix, she will be really hard to keep out if it!
I was very happy with the results.
Good luck,
Jim

Wingman

Do you have to rotate the casings during the smoking process??

dbondy

I try to rotate the chubs around every 1.5 hours to cook more evenly.