• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Nepas Summer Sausage

Started by Keymaster, February 06, 2011, 10:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

This is the kit I received from Nepas for his "guess what my new toy is" contest. The kit Nepas put together had the casings, the spices that smelled spectacular, Non-fat dry milk, and trelulose which I did not use as it is for long term freezer storage. I used 1 tsp of cure#1 for 5 pounds of meat. I used 4 pounds of 80/20 GB and 1 pound of Ground Pork. I definately need some hog rings as it was tough tying the string on the end while twisting it tight. I present to you Big, Bigger and Biggest ;D ;D ::)

GusRobin

That was generous of him to include the stuffer at the top of the picture

Quote from: Keymaster on February 06, 2011, 10:26:42 AM
This is the kit I received from Nepas for his "guess what my new toy is" contest.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

dbondy

Looks great, and you know there going to be good if the kit came from nepas. ;D

NePaSmoKer

Aaron

Looks good. I will go to the mom/pop hardware and see if they have another plier and box of rings.

Keymaster

Thats funny Gus, I wish Nepas gave me the stuffer but I had to deal with Two days of the silent treatment from the wife when she found out I baught that stuffer ;D ;D Hey Rick thats a nice Gesture, I have Hog ring plyers from when I built a chain link fence, I just got to get some rings, the rings I have are Galvinized Steel and I did not want to use those for health/safety reasons. :)

GusRobin

I know what you mean, I get a lot of funny looks when boxes show up. I have learned to buy stuff at the time of my birthday, Christmas, valentine's day, anniversary, etc. and when they arrive I thank everyone for the presents I bought for them to give to me.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pikeman_95

Quote from: GusRobin on February 06, 2011, 12:46:10 PM
I know what you mean, I get a lot of funny looks when boxes show up. I have learned to buy stuff at the time of my birthday, Christmas, valentine's day, anniversary, etc. and when they arrive I thank everyone for the presents I bought for them to give to me.

I just have learned to park closer to the garage so that I can sneak my goodies from the car to the garage. It works some of the time.

classicrockgriller

I wait till she goes to bed.

Never bring in boxes in day light.

Always in the still of the nite. ;D

pikeman_95

Hey monkey man we think alike. She does the same thing with her cloths closest.

Keymaster

This was the Best Summer sausage I ever tasted, It was a long and slow 12 hour smoke. I gotta get that recipe Rick, cause I would love to make more of this stuff  :) :) :) Thanks again!!!

OU812

Now THAT sausage looks gooood.

As far as the silent treatment, it dont work around here cause I do the cookin.  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Wow

You did good grasshopper Aaron  ;D

I have the recipe somewhere i will post.

classicrockgriller

I agree, sausage looks great AND nepas needs to post the recipe. ;D

mow_delon

OK Nepas, you have left us hanging long enough.  Where's the recipe?  Got my pork and venison thawed and ready to be ground just need a recipe!

Tenpoint5

Looks like it turned out great Aaron. You have to get something on Ole Nepas to get him to give up the Secret Receipts!!! ;D ;D I got a couple extras I have on him if you need to borrow one!!

BTW Just what is the problem of enduring a couple of days of the Silent Treatment from the wife?? No Matter how hard I try she won't even give me half a day of peace and quiet let alone 2 whole days!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!