Water bowl a tight fit under bisquette burner

Started by Phlyfisher, February 09, 2011, 10:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phlyfisher

I was wondering how tightly the water bowl is supposed to fit underneath the bisquette feeder on the inside of the OBS. Mine seems like it is unusually tight. The feeder itself actually rests on the water bowl, though just barely. The biggest problem I have with this is when I'm trying to change the water out in the middle of cooking something, it is a tricky dance to not get burned by either the water in the bowl, or the puck burner itself. Anyone else had experience with this?

I'll attach some pictures later this afternoon - it'll probably be easier to understand that way.

Pictures:
The puck burner rests lower than the lip of the bowl

wyoduke

I use a bigger foil pan and its taller and it still works i would like to see the pictures ???
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

TestRocket

Is the smoke generator hanging so the puck ramp and burner are level or is tilted down?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Phlyfisher;

Welcome to the forum.

It should not tilt downward like that. Check and make sure your generator is mounted properly on the two supports. If it is seated properly, then detach the generator and set in on the floor. The bisquette feeder (Drive Guide and Briquette Burner) should run parallel to the floor. If not call Bradley for further guidance or replacement.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

DTAggie

Habs nailed it.  Either you do not have it sitting properly on the two bolt mounts on the outside or the puck burner is somehow bent down or not installed incorrectly.

wyoduke

See if you can loosen the 2 screws that the burner attaches to smoke gen. and see if you can ajust it
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Phlyfisher

When your bisquette burner is COLD grab the end of it and gentley pull it upwards until it clears the drip bowl
then re-tighten the two mounting screws under the bisquette slide.

The burner sometimes gets bent down when they are packaged.

Brian.

Quarlow

Quick question. Is your bisquette tube straight up and down or is it slightly angled? If it is angled then you need to align it properly in the smoke generators case. If you loosen the screws on the bottom(just the ones around the outside edge, not the center ones) then you can align the tube and burner slide and then tighten the screws again.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Phlyfisher

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on February 09, 2011, 03:02:00 PM
Hi Phlyfisher

When your bisquette burner is COLD grab the end of it and gentley pull it upwards until it clears the drip bowl
then re-tighten the two mounting screws under the bisquette slide.

The burner sometimes gets bent down when they are packaged.

Brian.

I actually gave this a try this afternoon before I saw your reply and this did the trick. Thanks all for the quick responses!

Quote from: Quarlow on February 09, 2011, 03:25:58 PM
Quick question. Is your bisquette tube straight up and down or is it slightly angled? If it is angled then you need to align it properly in the smoke generators case. If you loosen the screws on the bottom(just the ones around the outside edge, not the center ones) then you can align the tube and burner slide and then tighten the screws again.

Funny enough, when I first got the smoker, the bisquette tube wasn't aligned correctly, but I already fixed that inconvenience. Now with this one fixed, I think I'm set.

Tenpoint5

Sounds like it is time to get some smoke rolling !!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!