Goose curing

Started by BOUTCH, August 24, 2005, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOUTCH

who have curing for canada goose and technic to smoke
thanks

Oldman

Sorry I don't. Just wanted to say welcome to the forums.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

BOUTCH,
Never tried it, but I use hi-mtn game bird and poultry brine on chicken.  Most likely designed for use with ducks and geese.  Give it a try.  There is cure in the brine.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, J-Y!  Wish I could help you with curing goose, but I don't have any experience with it.  I'm sure others will chime in.  Let us know how it turns out . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Phone Guy

I think that using the breast meat for jerky would be good. I would just use a jerky brine and smoke em'

Double d11

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BOUTCH</i>
<br />who have curing for canada goose and technic to smoke
thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Double d11

Quote<i>Originally posted by BOUTCH</i>
<br />who have curing for canada goose and technic to smoke
thanks
[/quote
I have a recipie for bnls goose breat strips that I have modified to  cold smoked. The recipe ends up cooking the meat or at least I did.
I will modify the Bradley per the cold smoking info on that thread.
I will give you the recipie as I found it.
Per 2 pounds of meat: 1 quart cold water  46 gm salt  35 gm powdered dextrose OR 24 gm Sucrose 2 gm Sodium Nitrite OR 1 1/4 ounce Prague
(1 teaspoon per 5 pounds) powder #1  Brine for 40 hrs  Next hang and dry for 40 hrs. Smoke 90 degres for 36 hrs. Heat smoker to 150 degrees and bring internal temp to 145 degrees.

Thunder Fish

Try here at this link.Smoking the whole bird is kind of pointless,you will be throwing out the wings and there is "a bit" of meat on the legs.All in all still tastey.
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2479&SearchTerms=goose