Verry Berry Chile Cherry Wing Sauce

Started by calatexmex, August 25, 2005, 04:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calatexmex

My first contribution I hope you all enjoy this sauce as much as I do.

This is for all you chile heads out there. [}:)]                                                                    (Whimps need not apply)[:0]

1C     Black Berry Merlot
3Tbls  Fine chopped Shallot or Onion
1 or 2 Cloves Fine chopped garlic
2Tbls  Cherry preserves (I like Polaner black cherry)
1/2 C  Ketchup
3Tbls  Honey
1/2 C  Favorite Chile pepper hot sauce
Red Savina Hab. powder or chipotle powder. To taste.

Put Merlot in sauce pan with onion and garlic bring to a slow boil and reduce to a syrup. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer till desired thickness.  If too thick, thin out with more Merlot. [:p](Sweet and oh so hot)[:p]

Rub wings with favorite BBQ rub. Smoke wings then place on hot grill baste turn, baste turn. I also like to put some Hab. powder in my rub. [}:)]

Mike C

nsxbill

Sounds great!  I wonder if one could use canned chipotle/adobo in lieu of the powder when everything is mixed together?

Lots of room for expirementation!

Thanks,

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

calatexmex

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Sounds great!  I wonder if one could use canned chipotle/adobo in lieu of the powder when everything is mixed together?

Lots of room for expirementation!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't see why not sounds good to me.

Mike C

MallardWacker

Holy smokes!  Man these last couple of sauces that have came down the line are just tantalizing and not the same old variation.  Got to try these.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

JJC

Wow!  Sounds great . . . on my list to make soon! [:p][:p][:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

calatexmex

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Is Black Berry Merlot easy to find?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It is around here. Any Supermarket or Super Walmart carries it. Use real wine not the fizzy Arbor Mist type.[xx(]

Mike C