• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Water Stuffer GB Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 20, 2011, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Next i decided to do 5 lbs of GB jerky from my mix from the other day. (Sausage thread)

Loaded the Kirby stuffer up with 5 lbs of GB Attached the flat jerky nozzle and went to town.
Extruded onto wax paper. Next time i will cut the roll of wax paper into 3" mini rolls so they will fit under the nozzle.

Here is whats left after your done. And very little in the nozzle.

I have to much going in the garage right now, 2 fridge, big smoker so i am going to dehydrate these in my Cabelas digital.

Clean up is very easy.

Keymaster

I gotta try makin some of that GB Jerky, looks good :) :) Are those racks for the dehydrator dishwasher safe?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Keymaster on February 20, 2011, 11:28:31 AM
I gotta try makin some of that GB Jerky, looks good :) :) Are those racks for the dehydrator dishwasher safe?

I do think they are as long as you dont use the heat dry cycle.

JF7FSU

Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

pikeman_95

Rick

Looks like your having a good time. You are the first one to use the jerky tube, including me. it was just a idea I had so I made it. Do you think it is what you want or should I make any changes. Do you think the jerky strips are about the right thickness or would you like something different. I guess the sticks out of the dehydrator will give us the answer. Thanks for the good pictures. It is good to let the other members see what my stuffer will do. I designed the stuffer ram to adaptor plate tolerances to produce the minimum material left in the stuffer when you are done. Next you are going to have to stick the big tube on and go after some of the goose meat.
Kirby

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pikeman_95 on February 20, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Rick

Looks like your having a good time. You are the first one to use the jerky tube, including me. it was just a idea I had so I made it. Do you think it is what you want or should I make any changes. Do you think the jerky strips are about the right thickness or would you like something different. I guess the sticks out of the dehydrator will give us the answer. Thanks for the good pictures. It is good to let the other members see what my stuffer will do. I designed the stuffer ram to adaptor plate tolerances to produce the minimum material left in the stuffer when you are done. Next you are going to have to stick the big tube on and go after some of the goose meat.
Kirby

The jerky nozzle worked great.

If you do a re design maybe just a tad thinner in thickness. The strips were kinda thick for the dehydrator and it took awhile to get em done. Other than that everything is AOK  ;D

pikeman_95

Thanks for the input. I will thin them down for now on. When I get it done I will send you something to  help you to thin your tip out.

devo

Kirby
If a person had one of those heat guns could he not just heat the end and adjust the thickness in a vise or is that not recommended?

pikeman_95

bingo. you just have to make a wood plug so that stays straight while cooling. I make a wood plug at the thickness that I want and the width that will fit in the pipe. It is a trial and error thing but no big deal. If you just put in a vice it will come out funkey.

Rick how about some pictures of the finished jerky.

kc

NePaSmoKer

Had a long night but here is the $$ shot of the GB jerky.

The mix was supposed to be all chubs but decided to extrude some jerky. Like flat casingless SS

Tenpoint5

Don't look like there's anything wrong with them jerky pieces.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

JF7FSU

Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

pikeman_95

Rick
looks good. Did you have cure in the mix and Do you hit a IT in the dehydrator ?? Mine turns out darker but it is smoked. When I cut a stick in half it is dark all the way through. Probably just a difference in smoking and dehydrating.

kc

NePaSmoKer

Yeah i have cure in it. Was supposed to be into sausage but i did jerky instead.

carnie1

I hope you saved some for Kiki and company