New member from Ontario

Started by trainer, February 20, 2011, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainer

been researching for a while now and Saturday finally pulled the trigger and picked up a digital 6 rack from LeBarons in Toronto. They had a special no tax on them so couldn't pass it up  ;D

waiting on my first run of ribs, using the 3-2-1 method... it is pretty cold so the smoker isn't getting much past 210 on the high side.

beefmann

welcome to the forum and just hang in there it will take a bit to do the ribs, low long and  slow gets it done

lumpy

Welcome to the forum EH!
From Kitchener.............smell my smoke ;)

Lumpy

GusRobin

what are you using to measure the temp? If the probe you are using is mounted other than below the lowest rack of meat, the meat is probably seeing higher temps then being reported.
Sometimes the meat blocks the heat to the probe.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

trainer

the ribs turned out great!

will post up some pictures in the morning for everyone to check out. we are hooked! lol

kinyo

Welcome to the forum Trainer!

Glad to hear that your ribs turned out great!!

jiggerjams

Welcome trainer,

Congrads on the purchase and your ribs. I bought the DBS6 from LeBaron also. The best price I could find anywhere. Good service too. Can usually get pucks for $13.00 from LeBaron also.

Enjoy the site.

Jj

watchdog56

Welcome and congrats on your first success and latest addiction

Smokey the Bear.

I bought my OBS from Canadian Tire 2 years ago and have made it a yearly event. We even have smokers lunch once a week with 3 others and myself , we have had Chicken, Ribs, Brisket and were thinking about smoked Mackeral for this week.So welcome and enjoy your best new way to enjoy food, hello from Toronto.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

ArnieM

Hi trainer and welcome to the forum.  Congrats on your "good buy".
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

trainer

thanks for the warm welcome

here is a link to the pictures of my first smoke :)

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=21168.msg258273#msg258273

trainer

Quote from: jiggerjams on February 21, 2011, 06:57:08 AM
Welcome trainer,

Congrads on the purchase and your ribs. I bought the DBS6 from LeBaron also. The best price I could find anywhere. Good service too. Can usually get pucks for $13.00 from LeBaron also.

Enjoy the site.

Jj

we picked up 4 boxes of pucks to try - mesquite, hickory, apple and cherry. figured this will be enough to get us started :)

the local Canadian tire only stocks hickory and apple, since we are about 1 1/2 hours away from GTA so probably should have grabbed a couple extra boxes.

trainer

Quote from: GusRobin on February 20, 2011, 04:44:28 PM
what are you using to measure the temp? If the probe you are using is mounted other than below the lowest rack of meat, the meat is probably seeing higher temps then being reported.
Sometimes the meat blocks the heat to the probe.

just the reading on the digital unit. was -10+ so took a while to get the unit to heat up or recover from opening the door. have ordered a maverick from yard and pool but hasn't arrived yet. waiting to do any roast etc until that come in so i can keep an eye on the IT

classicrockgriller

Nice job on the ribs and Welcome to the Forum.