bradley smoke generator????

Started by gob, February 21, 2011, 06:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob

would the BTSG1 produce enough smoke for a 4 foot by 4 foot by 7 1/2 foot tall smokehouse? and should it be installed through the wall or just left sittig on the floor? i would appreciate any input. thank you.

devo

They say in the advertising it would be good for a old chest freezer, stood upright. So going by that I would say yes but you could also email bradley and i'm sure they will tell you for sure.

FLBentRider

I would think it would produce enough smoke.

You should install it through the wall, since the advance mechanism will gum up if exposed to smoke over time.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

That sounds about the same size as Friar Tucks "Beast". I think it should be able to provide you with enough smoke.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Friar_Tuck

I use one in the "Beast" and I am sure it would be plenty for what you are planning.
The one thing I would recommend is that you mount it through the wall.
Also, the thinner the wall the better, as it will let the smoker extend into the chamber more.
The beast has 4" walls, but in the area that the generator is, I framed around it, so there is only a single layer of OSB for the generator to go through.  Maybe this picture will say it better than I can.