• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

This makes it all worth it

Started by devo, February 21, 2011, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Posted on my daughters facebook page.

"Just finished a bag of AMAZING beef jerky that my dad made! More please :)"

Gave her a bag of the last jerky I made. She's happy--I'm happy

KyNola

squirtthecat

FLBentRider

Kudos.

I hope she doesn't give some to her friends... I started getting texts from strange numbers asking for more jerky...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pikeman_95

That's what you like to hear. I used to have the same thing going on with my daughter and her family they went vegan and don't eat any of it. I am thinking of having a DNA test to see if they are really related?? ??? ???

Quarlow

Can't be, it is just not possible. :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DADAKOTA

Years ago when I first started making jerky, my daughter had her boyfriend over.  Had a gallon ziplock with over a pound of jerky setting on the counter.  She asked if he caould have some jerky and I said sure.  Bout a half hour later she asks Do you have any more jerky?  The kid ate it all in one setting.

Uncle Pigfat

Fortunately, I ran all the jerky I've made this weekend that was spoken for through my foodsaver because my friends and I have been eating the rest of it straight out of the smoker as it finishes.  It's silly what kind of glutton comes out when dried beef is present.  The bagged stuff is a birthday gift for next weekend.  Out of the 2 lbs, I'm not expecting it to last the night.

FLBentRider

That's why I make 10-15 lbs at a time.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

howlin

oh yah .the thing with jerky ,a 4 rack is just to small :D
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

devo

Oh ya, thats why I bought 4 extra racks and started doing a double batch. Now to just get the family to buy the meat and it will be all good  ;D

Quarlow

are you just flipping and stacking the racks or did you put in the slide brackets?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

devo

Quote from: Quarlow on March 05, 2011, 08:02:34 AM
are you just flipping and stacking the racks or did you put in the slide brackets?

For now I am just flipping the racks over. This summer when it warms up I will do a mod to it. Not that hard to do.

Quarlow

No, you just need some small angle iron and screws. CRG made his own and if he can do it anyone can. :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ

devo

Ya I know........but right now its -20 degrees so its not going to happen till the summer. My old fingures dont work in the cold.  ;)