• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

San Diego bound

Started by RossP, February 22, 2011, 12:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Well it is that time of year again for us to head to San Diego for a week. We have a conference there on March 24-26 but we will be in town from the 22-29. I will be bringing down a few boxes of Crown Royal Bisquettes if there is anyone who wants a box. I only have room for 2 or 3 boxes as we only take carry on luggage. We will be staying in the Old Town area. Anyone want to meet up we will be at the Old Town Saloon for happy hour most days.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Gizmo

Lets keep in touch.  I'll head on down and meet up with you.  I am only about 30 minutes away.  If you want to get more adventurous on the weekend let me know.  Might be able to get a few more SOCals down and maybe even break out the snails. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

SoCalBuilder

Not sure about Giz's snails, but we ought to be able to make the rest of it work. We'll try to make sure the weather meets to your satisfaction ;D

RossP

Hey  Gizmo sounds like a plan. The wife and myself would like to meet up and spend some time discovering he area. Would love to hit the zoo one day.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

La Quinta

Ross...Giz and I talked about this last night...we need to set something up...I'm in...have lots of friends close by to stay with...

RossP

Sounds like a plan, I will leave the details up to the two of you, seeing you are from that general area and know the lay of the land. We will not have a car while we ar there either, but we are getting good with the public transit in San Diego. We are staying in Old Town. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Gizmo

Well I suck at public transporation so if you want to hang out you will have to ride in my vehicle.   ;D

I think a SoCal Smoke out would be a great thing.  Maybe we should do that on Sunday the 27th (I can pick you up and take you back) and then on Monday, I'll pick you up for the Zoo.  If there are other things you want to check out or see, let me know, I can take you around, just let me know what days so I can take the days off from work.

Some Suggestions:
Cabrillo National Monument, Point Loma Lighthouse, Point Loma Tidepools
La Jolla Cove
Midway Museum (Aircraft carrier), Star of India, Russian Sub, and Sea Port Village
Balboa Park Museums (History, Art, Air and Space, Man, Science Center, etc.)
Sea World

LQ and SoCalB, you up for a little Southern Hospitality, CA stile?
How about the Beefman, Ready for a road trip south?

I'll call West Coast Kansan and see if he will be in town.   

Gizmo

Ross,
You might not make it out in time to see some of our more seasonal sights.

Lake Hodges spill way topped over from the recent rain.

RossP

That looks god Gizmo, once we finish with our move tomorrow I will be able to think more about the trip. I will let you know more then. Looking forward to meeting up.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

La Quinta

I'm in Giz...is this at your house? Or where?

Gizmo

I am willing to host.
I talked to West Coast Kansan and he is in.
If there is somewhere else that folks want to go I am O.K. with that but certainly don't mind hosting.

La Quinta

I go where I am told....It's a drive for me either way...so...you just lemme know... ;D Really glad to hear WCK is in...such nice people...

RossP

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. My non Bradley buddies cannot believe how friendly everyone is, they cannot believe that I have not met any of you before. Just one more example of what a great community we have here. See everyone In a few weeks.

Ross

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

La Quinta

As CRG would say..."KEWL"  :D

HCAO

Hey All!  Looks like I can make this.  I just want to find out what these snails are that everyone's talking about.   I can attest that Gizmo's house is a great place to hang out at!  We should come up with a list of food to bring, so Gizmo won't have to do all the cooking.