• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thanks Greg!!

Started by smokeNcanuck, February 26, 2011, 07:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeNcanuck

Let me start by saying,  HOLLY S**T!  We have so many great sausage makers here!!  There has been some great posts in
the last while.  I don't post as much as I once did but I still stop in a check in once in a while, so THANKS to everyone!!
I finally got around to trying some of Greg's spicy sticks last weekend.  MAN THEY ARE GOOD!!  They wife and I really
like them, up until now I have only used pre made mixes.  Did up 5# to see how they turned out,  thought I may have really
screwed them up but they turned out well. 

I thought I over cooked them.  All started well, got everything ready, mixed, stuffed and in the smoker.  Thought I would use
my new "smoke cannon" it works really well.  Next thing I know BIL calls "lets do hot tub and beer", "we would be crazy not to"
I say.  I managed to run home (he is only two min away) about 4 times after the smoke was done to rotate racks.  No worries I
had a DD drive me!  Long story short Tequila, multiple beers and I don't remember much of anything till approx. 9:30AM next day.
open eyes look at clock, "Oh Sh*t", my stick!  Run out to garage(in nothing but underware and socks?? to drunk to remove I guess)
look at PID still running just keeping cab warm at 130.  Man I love that thing!! I open the door and look in side sticks were shriveled
quite a bit, grab one and take a bite.... mmmmm good, all is well.  The wife and I really like the texture, looks like I dun a good thing,
so like I always say "BEER is there anything it can't do?".

I will be making these again for sure, maybe next time I want to go out on a bender(ha,ah).  So THANKS Greg!  I love your recipe.
Here is a few pics.  I also finally got around to making my new stick stuffing tube.  I had to custom make an adapter for the tube as
I had no stainless welding wire.  So I threaded the tube and taped the adapter, should work well.  I will test soon!

Long post SORRY ::)

sNc

Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

devo

I can see your problem................Lakeport beer.  ;D ;D

pikeman_95

Good looking sticks. They look like they would be nice and chewy.  I like the stuffer adaptor. I have found some stainless thin wall tubing of different sizes at Ace Hardware. They are too thin to thread but I don't care. I intend to silver solder them to the fitting I am using. Welco also makes a white metal solder flux. You can use it to lead free solder stainless to stainless or other white metals. I use it on all of my soldering prep jobs. it cleans brass and copper to virgin metal. Just a little info for those that want to do what you have done.

Kirby

Tenpoint5

Aint nothing wrong with them sticks SNC
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Well, at least I'm not the only one that has done that kinda smoke/cook.  :D

I'd down them sticks.

pensrock

Your welcome SNC, they look great. I like your stick tube, going to have to get one myself some day. Most people say they wished they made ten pounds instead of only five pounds. :)

classicrockgriller

Great story and nice sticks.

Your stuffer looks pretty proud sport'en that new stuffin tube.

The stuffer looks quite excited. ;D

lumpy

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

Way to go SNC. Nice tube!

Scotty-G

Looking good there sNc,

I know this thread is about your stick stuffing tube but gotta change topic on you and ask -
What is on the side of your Bradley?  ??? Looks like a filter of some kind...

Quote from: smokeNcanuck on February 26, 2011, 07:59:42 AM
Thought I would use my new "smoke cannon" it works really well. 

Please share details about your new "smoke cannon".
Thanks

Scotty-G

smokeNcanuck

Thanks every one!

Lakeport  "it's a quality beer at a quality price!" ;)

Scotty-G,
The thing that looks like a filter,  is the "smoke cannon".  It is a device I mad so I could smoke with pellets, chunks, or chips.
I made a post about it http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=19571.msg238720#msg238720
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Pikeman,
Thanks for the tip, I also had no silver solder.  The tube I got had a .065" wall, just lucky I ordered the right one or I would not have
been able to thread it.

JF7FSU

Those sticks look great.  I love the casing shriveling just right. Wanna sell me one one of those stuffer tubes?    ;)
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

smokeNcanuck

QuoteWanna sell me one one of those stuffer tubes?   

I believe some one on the forum already sell them, would not take business away from them.  They
were here first ;) ;)  Here is the link: http://smokeandstuff.com/index.php/categories/5-lb-stuffer-acessories
but Thanks.

JF7FSU

Is that a 3/8"?  I have the LEM 5 pounder and the LEM 3/8" stuffing tube and I cant seem to get the the 19mm collagens casings to load up without unscrunching it.  It seems to be a tad too big. 
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

smokeNcanuck

Quotes that a 3/8"?  I have the LEM 5 pounder and the LEM 3/8" stuffing tube and I cant seem to get the the 19mm collagens casings to load up without unscrunching it

It is 1/2"OD which is a little big for the casings I have(I think they are 21mm) but I can get them on.  I may just turn the OD down slightly to 7/16".
That is the smallest casing I can get locally so that is all I use.

pikeman_95

You peaked my curiosity so I built a couple last night for my self. I started with a brass 1/2 inch pipe cap. Brass is very easy to drill and solder. I had a 3/8 OD brass tube and a 7/16 stainless tube. I can get 3/8 stainless from the same supplier. Both are thin wall so they will stuff as easily as possible.  I used my Welco flux on both I might silver solder the stainless when I build the next one.

Here are the two I built last night. They are made to fit the bushings for my Hydro stuffer.

looking down the pipe