• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Metal Gears

Started by Piker, February 28, 2011, 05:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piker

Hi everyone I am back after a very bad winter,bad health, and a computer meltdown. I remember before someone talking about replacing plastic gears with metal ones. I have checked out the specs on every stuffer I could find in the 5lb range and they are all exactly the same. So I am wondering if any one has sucessfully done this. Thks Piker

classicrockgriller

I bet nepas has. ;D

Welcome back and glad you are feeling better.

OU812

I think the metal gears from an LEM stuffer will fit the cheaper staffers.

carnie1

Piker

Thanks guys. I have a Northern Tool stuffer and having problems with the plastic gears. The originals lasted a long time but I have broken 2 sets of the replacements. I will a get a set of the metal ones and if they do not fit I will have to get a Lem stuffer. Thanks again Piker

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: OU812 on February 28, 2011, 05:57:44 PM

OU and carnie got ya covered. And yes the LEM metal gears will fit any 5 lbs stuffer.

Piker

I ordered them this morning shpuld be here in a week. Thks guys  Piker.

iceman

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 01, 2011, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: OU812 on February 28, 2011, 05:57:44 PM

OU and carnie got ya covered. And yes the LEM metal gears will fit any 5 lbs stuffer.

With that said Rick, do you think they will fit the 5 pounder sold by The Sausage Maker ? Also do they make them for the 10 pounder?

squirtthecat

Are they really $122 for the gears alone??

iceman

Quote from: squirtthecat on March 02, 2011, 07:35:52 AM

The price I saw was $29.70 squirt.  :)

squirtthecat

Quote from: iceman on March 02, 2011, 07:41:58 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on March 02, 2011, 07:35:52 AM

The price I saw was $29.70 squirt.  :)

Ok, I'm blind.  Disregard my original question.    ::)

OU812

Piker

They must have them now as mine were shipped yesterday and will be here next Monday. Actually in Sweetgrass MT. as it is cheaper for us to drive to the border than have it shipped to Canada. Piker

Piker

Got my metal gears from LEM the other day and darn the luck they will not work in my stuffer. They are the same size exceot for the all thread rod on my stuffer. The vertical gear will not thread on as it is a hair smaller. So I gambled and lost. Anyone need these gears can always work something out. Thks Piker

squirtthecat

I wonder if those would fit a 5lb Grizzly stuffer.   I have one - still in a box.  ::)

I'll dig it out and check the brand.    If they'll fit, we can work something out so you aren't stuck with something you can't use.