• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jalepeno & Cheddar Pepperoni Stix

Started by Keymaster, March 05, 2011, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I mixed up 5 pounds of Jalepeno and Cheddar Pepperoni stix this morning. I hand cut the Tillamook Cheddar and Jalepenos, I just cant bring myself in buying that High temperature cheese yet  $$$$ ;D I got them in the smoker at 11AM and I'll start a hour and a half of Alder smoke at Noon, then the big wait.... Hope they turn out good, this is a mix of different recipes :-\

More pics to follow in about 6 hours, I think, maybe, I hope :D

squirtthecat

I'll be out there in 2 weeks - save me some!

devo

Oh man you had to post this didn't you. I can't wait for my stuffer to get here from Kirby. Really looking forward to doing some of the same.

pensrock

MidKnightRider

Looking good,
Just one more thing to put on the ever growing list of things to try!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

watchdog56

If you did not use hi temp cheese it will probably just melt. At least that is what it did when I tried it. When the temp gets over 90F it usually starts to melt but good luck.

Keymaster

QUOTE: If you did not use hi temp cheese it will probably just melt. At least that is what it did when I tried it. When the temp gets over 90F it usually starts to melt but good luck.

Thanks fer the warning Watchdog, I had to try it myself before I paid $20 for a pounda cheese, I packed them tight so if it melts it should stay put and harden back up in the bloom, cold pizza is good right ;D

QUOTE: I'll be out there in 2 weeks - save me some!

Give me a call a couple days before you get here, we'll work something out and I will definately save you some if it's good :D I'll PM you my number Pat :)

NePaSmoKer

Aaron

Looks fantastic.

You dont need to use hi temp, regular cheese in 1/4" cubes works great.

classicrockgriller

Nice job Aaron!

That looks like a winner!

Keymaster

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 05, 2011, 04:23:58 PM
Aaron

Looks fantastic.

You dont need to use hi temp, regular cheese in 1/4" cubes works great.
Thanks Rick, I have seen your cheese work as long as it goes low and slow :D

ronbeaux

College boy walked by when I had this up and his knees buckled. Now I have to make sticks again ::) Sweet!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Keymaster

Damb, I think I hit a Vein, couple more hours ;D

Tenpoint5

Aaron we should be finishing right about the same time. I used plain pepperjack in mine. I'm not a fan of the waxy taste I get from high temp cheese.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pfowl01

I used some high temp swiss that I got from Butcher & Packer this year and it wasn't waxy at all. I wanna say I paid $25 for 5lbs of it.

Keymaster

Woops, Fell asleep on sausage watch but it may be ok. Taste ok, some cheese is left but theres a few holes where the cheese used to be ;D note to self: either dont drink whiskey on sausage watch or buy that hi-temp cheese stuff :o this is what I woke up to at 10 PM, I had the smoker maxxed out at 9 hours so i know it atleast had nine hours of heat and when i fell asleep the IT was at like 123° F and it sure looks like it hit a IT of 152° F. IT was 89° F on wake up.