Stuff in bags, stuff in boxes..

Started by squirtthecat, March 05, 2011, 06:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

What a steal!   I guess Tony and I bought the last of the higher priced copies..   ::)

Mine was around $42 w/ tax.

KyNola

I still got the best deal.  Mine was free! :D

KyFreeBookNolaPaS :P

carnie1

Quote from: squirtthecat on March 08, 2011, 04:33:21 AM

What a steal!   I guess Tony and I bought the last of the higher priced copies..   ::)

Mine was around $42 w/ tax.
Looks like it's back up to $40.28 now

hal4uk

B&N is kind of slowwwwww...

Mine is supposed to finally ship today --  Amazon would have had it on my porch already...
But, for $30, I have some patience  ;D

(and then, of course, there's that whole "Hey dummy!  You don't even have a KTCHEN!" thing anyway...)

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Ka Honu

Possibly slow but also confused.  I called to cancel the $40 one that hadn't shipped and reordered at the lower price per their instructions.  Turns out they shipped both so now I have two coming and am supposed to refuse delivery of the more expensive one.

squirtthecat

That's crazy..

Do turtles have x-ray vision that can read through a large sealed box?

Ka Honu

No, but I have the tracking number which is printed on the label.  Unfortunately they delivered both this evening while we were out.  Nobody told me that it was so heavy that I'd need a gym membership to get in good enough shape to lift it.  Awesome book - almost wish I needed two of them.

squirtthecat

Yeah, it wouldn't make a good 'airplane book'..

jiggerjams

Just placed my order with the CC thanks!! For the record the cheapest price I could find in Canada was $133

hal4uk

Mine came yesterday...

What the heck do you think you're doing riding your John Deere and trailer in the house?
Just moving my BOOK, dear.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Ka Honu

Well, I got some help and put it on the coffee table where I can just flip pages.  I've spent a good chunk of the day reading and am almost to the part where they start cooking (about p.126).  I have no idea where this thing is going to live but I'm leaning on putting it on an antique stand-up school desk that sits just outside the kitchen.  That way I won't have to walk too far when using it (because it's certainly not going in the kitchen itself - I wouldn't have any prep space left and I'd spill stuff all over it).  Hmmm - better start lobbying for the CD-ROM.

KyNola

As big as that book is I'll bet the CD-ROM is the size of a 33 1/3 record album! :D :D :D