Stuff in bags, stuff in boxes..

Started by squirtthecat, March 05, 2011, 06:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

We're having an 'Illinois Products Expo' this weekend in Springpatch, so MrsSTC and I popped in to check it out.   

Turns out, it was a madhouse of people.   Everyone was giving out 'samples', and the weather was lousy.  Not a good combination.

Anyway, I bought a few goodies to try out.  (and picked up some brochures and business cards to check out later)

This place caught my eye..

What?     Closer look...

They have a ton of stuff on their website that they didn't pack down to Springfield to show off...  I'll be perusing it more tomorrow.

squirtthecat

Now, to the box.    I got a new cookbook today.

'Book' doesn't do it justice...   More like a 'tome'.

~14 pounds..

Pig wrapped ML added for scale.

Just a peek inside:

hal4uk

OK...  I gotta TRY that shrimp recipe!  DANG!!!

That Garlicpeno looks good too...

What is oninon?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Pat if you make a road trip let me know it isnt far from me
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Like my good friend CRG said....STC is a born again coonass! :D  I'm telling ya.  That book is SO for real and worth every dime.

Ka Honu

I thought I said that (but my memory isn't what it used to be and I'll steal credit wherever I can).

I still can't buy the damn book - SWMBO says my last birthday present hasn't gotten here yet.

NePaSmoKer

Nice stuff

And book, just wish i knew how to cook  :D

wyoduke

Looks like you had a great day and some great products and A COONASS BIBLE !!! ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

JF7FSU

Stuff looks awesome!  Very pricey for .9 oz for $7.00 though.  Great find.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

squirtthecat

Quote from: wyoduke on March 06, 2011, 12:08:46 PM
and A COONASS BIBLE !!! ;D

Testify!

I need to bring that book to work, so I can flip through it during my lunch hour.

Quote from: JF7FSU on March 06, 2011, 12:41:37 PM
Stuff looks awesome!  Very pricey for .9 oz for $7.00 though.  Great find.

Yeah, they were $4/pouch at the expo.  I was a bit disappointed when I saw the prices online.

carnie1

That book, I just got it last week after reading reviews, I finally got to settle in Friday night and look at  it AFTER I had dinner, it is one awesome book, I got it for 40.28 at Barnes and noble.com , last week ,now its only $32.72 + free shipping, I called to see if I could get the difference since I just ordered it last week  Nada , here is the link http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Encyclopedia-of-Cajun-Creole-Cuisine/John-D-Folse/e/9780970445711/?itm=1&USRI=folse

Ka Honu

Luckily they hadn't shipped my order yet (I only sent it in this morning) so I could cancel and reorder.  On the page where it calls for a coupon code, try P4U7L9E.  It should give you an extra 10% off.  My total came to $30.76 with tax and free shipping.

ronbeaux

I thought everybody had that book???

It's pretty cool watching him and Paul Gates cooking everyday on the 5:00 news.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

carnie1

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 07, 2011, 06:20:26 PM
Luckily they hadn't shipped my order yet (I only sent it in this morning) so I could cancel and reorder.  On the page where it calls for a coupon code, try P4U7L9E.  It should give you an extra 10% off.  My total came to $30.76 with tax and free shipping.

Good deal for you, my book was delivered a few days ago so they won't give me anything back, I called already, but it is still worth the money

hal4uk

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 07, 2011, 06:20:26 PM
I tend to DROOL a bit when I hear "shrimp" and "black-eyed peas" in the same sentence.
Good thing they didn't mention cornbread.

I've been wanting that book ever since Larry posted about it...
But, I'm so (way-way-way-just-shoot-me) OVER-BUDGET on this kitchen thing...

Nevertheless...  For 30 bucks w/ Coupon Code + Free Shipping, well... 
Ya ain't gotta twist my arm CLEAN OFF!!!
(Thanks for the CC, KH!)

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby