Placement of my thermocouple in a bread proofer???

Started by neocostical, March 06, 2011, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neocostical

I am a newbie to the Bradley forum.  I have a bread proofer that I converted over to a smoker using a 220 volt oven element. I am installing a PID and was wondering where the best place to mount the thermocouple would be?? I know a lot of you have used proofers so any help I can get would be great.   Thanks

NePaSmoKer

The thermocouple in my smoker proofer is located on the bottom under a shield.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Mr Walleye

On the 2 I have built I put the thermocouplers about midway up where the load is in the cabinet. I'm not sure that made sense. More or less they are mounted halfway up at the back of the cabinet.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

neocostical

that's kinda what I was thinking (about halfway up the back) i just wanna make sure I do it right the first time.    thanks. 

I was able to fit 100 pounds of venison polish in my proofer. They work great but i wanna fine tune it with the PID.   

Mr Walleye

In my experience when you start to crowd things you just have to be careful how fast you try to increase the temp inside you smoker. For an example, if you dry your casings at 130 degrees, increase your cabinet temp about 5 degrees per hour. If you try to increase the temps too quickly when you have a large load you will find the lower sausage will start to render fat.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

neocostical