• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Got a call last night about cooking for 30 + people

Started by TMB, March 09, 2011, 07:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

I guy that I met a few months back called me and asked "would you come to the house and cook" ?  Well I ask what would you want and how many?  He said that's up to you and 30+ people will be there.

I told Terry (his name) I would love to but we needed to meet and figure out the menu and sides.  So at lunch today we will meet and talk about this event.

I want to show off the SRG's and TBE's so fatties are on the menu as well as pulled pork (which will be smoked in the Bradley)  but would like input on maybe ABT's, Moink balls or any other meat/veggies you can think of.  Now due to cost ribs are not on this menu so those are out.

I have done a few of these cooks but never for non-family events. You know if it doesn't taste just right nobody says anything, but being I only know a handful of these folks pressure is on.   

Any help would be great. 

Thanks   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

muebe

Smoker Pete had made some cheese stuffed mushrooms that looked really good Tommy. Maybe you could whip up some of those for appetizers. Or some bacon wrapped asparagus...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

TMB

Quote from: muebe on March 09, 2011, 07:03:27 AM
Smoker Pete had made some cheese stuffed mushrooms that looked really good Tommy. Maybe you could whip up some of those for appetizers. Or some bacon wrapped asparagus...
Good thinking, see reason I ask for help.   Great idea's from great people!

pensrock

mooinks are simple and cheap to make. You can use store bought meatballs or make your own. Wrap with bacon and smoke/cook till the bacon is done. Then I melt some pepper jelly and coat the mooinks with it. Mmmm.

A basic but good ABT is just stuffed with cream cheese. You can add anything you want to the cream cheese before stuffing..... other cheeses, chopped up brisket or pulled pork, cooked sausage, chopped bacon. I have also coated these with the melted pepper jelly, real good.  :)

squirtthecat

muebe

Bacon wrapped mini-sausages glazed with BBQ sauce....yum :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Scotty-G

Pig Candy  ;D

Thick bacon dredged in brown sugar and cayenne - then into the smoker for a few hours
Once it comes out, cut into smaller pieces - these will go fast!

Smoked Chicken Wings tossed in hot sauce before smoking

TMB

Just had lunch with Terry (at a BBQ place , Bob Gibson's) I even ran into TestRocket who had lunch with a co-worker there.

So the menu is set for now.

Pulled pork, 5 fatties and Peg Leg chicken.   The fatties will be stuffed with cheese and peppers.
Terry will do the sides for now so I gave him some good ideas to run with.

Thanks guys for the thoughts and ideas I should get a lot of pictures from this cook and I hope some great results!

SiFumar

Probably late suggesting but just in case you need another idea.  On my old smoker I use to make "No Bones about it"  Slice chicken breasts long way down middle, then in 1" chunks.  Brine (your favorite) for 3-4 hours.  Wrap half with bacon. Dry and smoke/grill till done. Toss in Hot Sauce (Franks is my choice) or your favorite BBQ sauce.  Can you believe some people prefer these over wings???!!!!

Haven't done on Bradley yet...on the "To Do" list.