Ka Honu you still there?

Started by TMB, March 11, 2011, 05:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

After hearing the news about a 8.2 earthquake in Japan and then a tsunami warning for Hawaii my first thoughts were for Ka Honu and his wife.

Just want you to know we are praying for ya', hope to hear from you soon.   

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SnellySmokesEm

Be safe Paul.  You are in our thoughts.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

carnie1

Give us a shout and let us know ya OK

KyNola

We're all thinking about ya KH.  When you have an opportunity let us know you're OK.

squirtthecat

Hopefully the worst has passed..

QuoteHONOLULU – Tsunami waves hit Hawaii in the early morning hours Friday and were sweeping through the island chain after an earthquake in Japan sparked evacuations throughout the Pacific and as far as the U.S. western coast.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said Kauai was the first of the Hawaiian islands hit by the tsunami. Water rushed ashore in Honolulu, swamping the beach in Waikiki and surging over the break wall in the world-famous resort but stopping short of the area's high-rise hotels.

Last time he evacuated during a tsunami on Maui, they ended up relaxing in lawn chairs at a nice high elevation, with a pitcher of cold adult beverages.    KH is one smart and resourceful turtle.

beefmann

hope  everything is all right

Tenpoint5

Here's to your family's health and well being My Turtle friend. May you glass always be full and your ice plentiful. Enjoy the view and watch the waves roll by.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

All okay here - the wave heights apparently only(?) hit a couple of feet over level on Oahu but higher on Maui & Hawaii.  We're a few blocks inland from the evacuation zone so the biggest deal was the sirens.

Tenpoint5

Good to hear the only thing you had to worry about was the siren noise. Better safe than sorry. Have a cold frosty one anyhow if nothing more than to make me feel bad cause I have to go to work tonight and I can't have one.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

OU812

Good to here every thing is okie dokie in your part of the world.

hal4uk

It's good to be king.  But, sometimes, it's better to be amphibious.  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

beefmann

good to hear , the sirens must have been a pain

Ka Honu

Quote from: hal4uk on March 11, 2011, 11:41:47 AMIt's good to be king.  But, sometimes, it's better to be amphibious. 

Being pelagic reptilian royalty works best.

hal4uk

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 11, 2011, 12:46:13 PM
Quote from: hal4uk on March 11, 2011, 11:41:47 AMIt's good to be king.  But, sometimes, it's better to be amphibious. 

Being pelagic reptilian royalty works best.

[profile edit time]
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby