• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First Smoke with BS

Started by bubbagump, September 04, 2005, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbagump

Hi All,

Well, I finished my first smoke with my new BS yesterday. I did BB ribs and they turned out great! If it wasn't for my weight I believe my kids would have carried me around on palm leaves for a day [:D]. I'd like to take credit for the ribs but all I did was follow the information I got here (although I didn't tell the kids that)[;)].

Also, I really liked using FTC after cooking. Aside from the way the meat benefits from it, it also makes cooking more relaxing. I didn't have to worry about anything getting done at a certain time. When everything was ready I just just pulled the ribs out of the cooler and we ate.

Thanks for all the advice!

Bubbagump

Oldman

Well Congrats on your first smokin'.  About telling your kids... well we all understand that! [:D]

I don't know about how many others will step up to the pump here and admit this... but over the years I've taken an idea or two and kept my mouth shut about it... [^]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Well done, Bubba!  

Olds, at work I have an ethical obligation to give credit to the ideas of others that I use (because the ideas are freely given with that understanding).  At home, of course, I've been known to just smile and say,"Aw, it was nothin', really . . . " when I've borrowed someone's recipe.  Unfortunately, the family is on to me about this Forum . . . [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Well I don't know about how many others will step up to the pump here and admit this... but over the years I've taken an idea or two and kept my mouth shut about it... [^]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Olds, please quit telling on us.  It's embarrassing and I got to think I have some secrets left and keep some sort of self esteem intact.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nsxbill

If I am a success, I take all the credit.  If something comes out badly, I blame Olds!  Guy keeps giving me the really bad advice![:D][:D]

Actually, my family knows that I have had few individual ideas, and depend a great deal on all the good advice I get here!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

seabjorn

Gents
Like Bubba, I too just used by shiny new BS this last weekend, pork butt, and what a pretty little butt it was.  My cousin got me interested in the Bradley with a fine brisket at his place about a month ago and when I acquired my smoker he distilled all the info from the forum I needed to do the job right.  Thanks to all, especially Paul, and happy smoking.
Seabjorn

jaeger

Welcome to the forum seabjorn!
I'm sure you are going to be glad that you bought a Bradley.[;)]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />If I am a success, I take all the credit.  If something comes out badly, I blame Olds!  Guy keeps giving me the really bad advice![:D][:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMAO Bill, good one[;)]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">If I am a success, I take all the credit. If something comes out badly, I blame Olds! Guy keeps giving me the really bad advice!
</font id="size2">[:D][:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">No need to tell Bill as he just thinks he is a friend.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

I'm feel'n the "Koom-By-Ya" thing again.  Ain't it grand....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by seabjorn</i>
<br />Gents
Like Bubba, I too just used by shiny new BS this last weekend, pork butt, and what a pretty little butt it was.  My cousin got me interested in the Bradley with a fine brisket at his place about a month ago and when I acquired my smoker he distilled all the info from the forum I needed to do the job right.  Thanks to all, especially Paul, and happy smoking.
Seabjorn

If I can teach you a fingernail of what you can teach me about cooking, then I'll be happy! [:D]

seabjorn

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />Welcome to the forum seabjorn!
I'm sure you are going to be glad that you bought a Bradley.[;)]

Thanks, Doug.  Looking forward to lots of good eats.[8D]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Gordon

Welcome welcome!

If you have not tried Olds apple cake - tell your wife you were tying to think of a way to show how much she means to you, and you came up with this cake "totally out of love."

(and nine months later, you may just be a father)

Gordo

What a piece of work is man!