• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

got my gunpowder today

Started by pensrock, March 16, 2011, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

And it was in a BOX!  ;D
The sauce did not come, not sure if it was a mistake or if they meant to ship them seperate.  ???

When I ordered it I thought it must be fairly good since everyone has been talking about it so much.
But I did not expect it to be so good. Wow, all I had to use it on was a bonless, skinless chicken breast.
I butterflied it and put a very generous coating of GP on with no other seasonings.
Cooked it up in a cast iron grill pan. Man was it good! I can't wait to try it on some beef and I think it will be fantastic on shrimp.
This stuff is as good as everyone said it was. I wish I had got some earlier.  :)

TMB

Man you are just getting started,   10.5 puts it on pop corn! 

Try it on toast when grilling it's great!

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

OU812

No picture, didnt happen.  ;D

I put some GP on a whole chicken this weekend and it was GOOD.

The my son and I were fighting for the skin.  ::)

KyNola

That stuff is killer isn't it?

SouthernSmoked

Good stuff!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TedEbear

Quote from: pensrock on March 16, 2011, 02:13:34 PM
The sauce did not come, not sure if it was a mistake or if they meant to ship them seperate.  ???

LOL - this is too funny.  I also ordered some GP the other day and it was sitting at my front door when I got home from work today.  I eagerly opened the box, trying not to make too much of a mess of all those shredded pieces of paper.  I pulled out the GP and noticed something else in the box, wrapped in foam.  At first I thought it might be just some filler material so the GP container wouldn't bounce around but it was heavy.  I unwrapped it and guess what?  A bottle of Gunshot sauce. 

I didn't think I'd ordered any sauce (I remember a combo deal they had listed) but I booted up the PC and checked my email to see.  Nope, just GP on the invoice.  Then I began to wonder if there was some special going on that I overlooked and they were giving away a bottle of sauce if you bought some GP that day or spent over a certain amount.  Then I got on here and read this thread.  I think I know what happened to your bottle of sauce. 

OU812

Now thats funny.  :D

What are the chances of that happening to 2 members of the same forum?

Better get on the horn Pens.

Great score Ted.

Smokin Soon

I was trying to hold off on the Gunpowder thing, but guys have pushed me to the limit. Just ordered a 10 pounder!

pensrock

I did send them an email. Must have mixed up our orders.  ;D ;D Looks like you got a freebee.  :)

SS, I was holding out as well but now wish I had got some sooner.
QuoteThat stuff is killer isn't it?
You got that right Larry.

QuoteNo picture, didnt happen.
My taste buds would argue about that.  ;D

QuoteMan you are just getting started,   10.5 puts it on pop corn! 

Try it on toast when grilling it's great!
I'm sure it would/will be great on popcorn and thanks for the ideas.  :)

TedEbear

Quote from: pensrock on March 16, 2011, 03:59:11 PM
I did send them an email. Must have mixed up our orders.  ;D ;D Looks like you got a freebee.  :)

I emailed Rick at Sure Shot Sid's, explained the mix-up and offered to pay for the sauce.  He said for me to keep the free gift and that he'd be looking for an email from you.

Here's a pic of your bottle of sauce that you can look at until a replacement arrives.  The other stuff in the photo arrived today, too.  Thanks for the sauce.   :)

jiggerjams

Hmm are you sure it was a mistake getting the sauce? I ordered some GP from Rick at Sure Shot's and he said he was putting "a little something extra" in the package for me to try. Looks like my "something extra" is going to be sauce. Maybe Rick did the same for you and only made the mistake of an incomplete order. 

TedEbear

Quote from: jiggerjams on March 17, 2011, 04:04:49 AMMaybe Rick did the same for you and only made the mistake of an incomplete order. 

It would be a good marketing tool to include a sample of sauce with each order, knowing we'd get hooked on it and be a sauce customer for life.   ;)

However, since someone paid for a bottle of sauce and didn't get it and I didn't pay for any but still received a bottle, both on the same day, I think there was a mix-up in the shipping department.

jiggerjams

That very well could be. Have you tried the sauce? Can you describe it?

TedEbear

Quote from: jiggerjams on March 17, 2011, 07:13:57 AM
That very well could be. Have you tried the sauce? Can you describe it?

I'm going to try it on some steaks Friday.  I didn't open the bottle yet.  The GP sure tastes great, from the fingertip sample I tried.  Wife even liked it and she's not very fond of spicy stuff.

I think I'm going to try their included hint on using the GP by marinating the steaks in Worcester sauce, sprinkled with GP, overnight and see how they turn out.

pensrock

QuoteHere's a pic of your bottle of sauce that you can look at until a replacement arrives.
So NOT FUNNY! Actually it is a little.  ;D

They told me it was a mistake and shipped me one out right away. Nice people to deal with.  :)
Wonder if they will throw a little something extra in?