• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

How Bout Amphibian?

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 16, 2011, 04:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have eaten allot of stuff, snails, coon and such (with the exception of pickled heart and tongue  :P) and today i ate some frog legs. Pretty good really. My daughter asked me do they taste like chicken? Heck no they taste like frog with a little pond flavor thrown in  :D

They were breaded and just a bit greasy so i had to hop to the bathroom and wash my hands. My wife asked me why i was looking at her weird? said wait dont move there is a fly on your shoulder  :D  :D

ronbeaux

I have hammered many a pile of frog legs.

You guys may remember Troy Landry from 'Swamp People,' I work with his brother and one night he asked me to go frog gigging. I turned him down because I'm too old to stay out all night and still make it to work the next day. He stabbed 200 of them and I got a HUGE pile anyway!

And I agree. They don't taste like chicken!

There will plenty of opportunity to score some in Nawlins!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

JerkyAddict

There used to be place in Saginaw Mich called Gracies.  You got 5 saddles in the meal, and they each looked like small chicken legs. Lots of legless frogs in wheelchairs around there.

KyNola

Quote from: ronbeaux on March 16, 2011, 05:30:11 PM
I have hammered many a pile of frog legs.
You guys may remember Troy Landry from 'Swamp People,' I work with his brother and one night he asked me to go frog gigging. I turned him down because I'm too old to stay out all night and still make it to work the next day. He stabbed 200 of them and I got a HUGE pile anyway!
Ditto Ron.  Have eaten my fair share of them my own self!  I like 'em!

pikeman_95

I would give them a try. We brand cattle every spring and we eat some Rocky mountain oysters now and then and they don't taste like chicken either.

La Quinta

frog legs? LOVE THEM....but I eat snails and tongue and tripe... ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on March 16, 2011, 11:17:48 PM
frog legs? LOVE THEM....but I eat snails and tongue and tripe... ;D

Snails.....Ok
Tongue.....I dont think so
Tripe...All the time when i was at home...Menudo....Not to much these days here in Yankeeville

FLBentRider

I ate my first ones as a teenager.

I was raiding the fridge, and later my mom asked - "where are the frog legs that were in the fridge?"

uhhh... they were good!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

3rensho

I've gigged my share of those guys.  They are tasty.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.