• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My First Attempt At Jerky And My Heating Element Died

Started by Reboot, March 16, 2011, 10:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reboot

For my third smoke I thought I'd try making jerky - I get about halfway through the process, I go outside to rotate the racks for the 4th time and the temp is at 68 degress

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
   :o   :P   :-[    :-\

My heating element has taken a dive just like so many others around the second smoke.  I'm pretty sure I can finish up the jerky in the oven, but what temp should I use?

NePaSmoKer

CoreyMac

Quote from: Reboot on March 16, 2011, 10:29:22 PM
For my third smoke I thought I'd try making jerky - I get about halfway through the process, I go outside to rotate the racks for the 4th time and the temp is at 68 degrees

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
   :o   :P   :-[    :-\

My heating element has taken a dive just like so many others around the second smoke.  I'm pretty sure I can finish up the jerky in the oven, but what temp should I use?

X2 on 160-170. I had to finish some jerky in my oven last weekend. Worked ok, you can prop the door open also if its getting too hot.
If you have a convection oven use that for the air flow, with the door propped. Actually works pretty good.

Corey

Reboot

Thanks guys - I was able to set the oven down to 190 and it finished up just fine - quite purdy actually.  It's going pretty fast...