Another Cheese Smoke...with Pepperoni

Started by ETHIKILL, March 18, 2011, 10:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETHIKILL

Sorry for the long wait.  The pepperoni cheese came out awesome.  Everyone I gave the cheese to loved it, and the requests are pouring in.   Everyone wants smoked cheese for all the summer get togethers. 

TMB

I have to try this one, well Kimmie will do it I'll just over see the smoke!   :D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

ghost9mm

Now that is impressive, what a really great idea, I'm gonna have to make me some of that...thank you.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SiFumar

I've been waiting to see this cheese cut....it looks great!  And good to hear it tastes just as good as it looks.  Another item on the "to do" list.  Thanks for sharing!

watchdog56

Great idea,will have to try that some time. Thanks for the info.

OU812

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pepperoni stuffed cheese.

Looks good.

pensrock

I figured it would fall apart after cutting. Looks like it stuck together pretty well.

Hopefull Romantic

That is a great idea and quite different. On my list upon returning home.

Thanks for sharing.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

GBIceman

Does it appear that the higher temp, 100, may have melted the cheese to keep it together. I have found that if I go above 90 the cheese starts to go thru the grate.
Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.

ETHIKILL

Quote from: GBIceman on May 22, 2011, 05:43:33 PM
Does it appear that the higher temp, 100, may have melted the cheese to keep it together. I have found that if I go above 90 the cheese starts to go thru the grate.

As for the cheese holding together, it will split along the pepperoni line.  The layer of peperoni touching the cheese sticks alright, but nothing spectacular.  The higher temps could have helped though.  I have since added a much larger drip bowl which I have been filling with ice when cold smoking this spring when temps are relatively high.  This coupled with a secondary bowl at the top of the smoker cabinet have kept the temps way down. 

whayek

I think I finally fiqured out how to post pis..lol The pepperoni med cheddar was FANTASTIC..but didn't hold together. I tried something new today so that cheese wouldn't fall apart.

I cut a hole in the cheese....

two at a time....

then filled with pepperoni..and some with bacon...ready to smoke!

Still warm from smoker...but filling looks ok...

All sealed for aging...can't wait to try it..:)

I smoked with cherry and used med cheddar..some are filled with pepperoni and some with fried bacon. One even filled with garlic :D
Little Chief
Big Chief
(Current) Bradley Smoker

whayek

Oops, sorry for the huge pics...still learning..hehe
Little Chief
Big Chief
(Current) Bradley Smoker

Habanero Smoker

Nice ideas you have for smoking cheese. Everything looks good.

For pictures, try resampling to 640x480 pixels. That is a good size for this forum, and will accommodate most screens.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)