Started by time2smoke, March 18, 2011, 10:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time2smoke

Was looking for some kind of smoker, looked at the Traeger, Green Egg, and Bradley. My buddy has a large green egg and he has made some great pulled pork, another friend has a traeger, the problem was that they where expensive and I already have a webber BBQ. I did some research on the Bradley, I checked the reviews and they where split from best smoker ever to the worst smoker, nothing in the middle. I remembered that a friend had a basic Bradley 4 rack smoker, I asked him about it and he loved it. I tried it out with some pork shoulder, turned out OK for not knowing anything. Then I tried a brisket is was OK. One knock was it won't hold temp when it is cold out. It was 35 degrees out and no problems with holding temp, or advancing the round pucks. I was sold and bought a 6 rack digital Bradley smoker. I haven't tried it yet. After I get it seasoned I think my first smoke will be salmon. I have learned a lot from reading these threads. I'm sure that I will be on here asking a lot of questions. Thanks for all your future help.

ArnieM

Hi t2s and welcome to the forum.  Feel free to ask questions.  That's how we all learned.

It's important to try to keep the unit out of the wind when it's cold out; wind is a killer.  Also, I'd keep the vent mostly open to let the moisture out.  Mine is stuck in the wide open position  :D

Go here http://www.susanminor.org/ for recipes and general how-to's.  We like pics.

Good luck with your new smoker.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

beefmann

welcome aboard and ask questions, lots of good help and views

wyoduke

Welcome T2S you got a good start this is a great place to learn and to ask questions or just meet some great people  ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

pensrock

Welcome, everyone here is more than happy to help. Remember to keep the top vent open.

GusRobin

welcome and feel free to ask questions
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SiFumar

Welcome from another fairly new Newbie!  Been using the OBS for a month now and love, love. love it!  This is the best forum I have ever come across and the most friendly and helpful people.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

kinyo

Welcome to the forum!

watchdog56

welcome to the forum and don't forget to post pics.